News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It does seem likely Yara  is to have some nice fighty adventures to make things more exciting to watch but then she will die.
The kingsmoot will be largely skipped through, it wouldnt make good TV.

I noticed in the recent episode that Bran has shifted into a cart from Hodor's shoulders.
Guess this is an example of child actors growing too fast. :lol:
Surprised they skipped the magic gate under the wall. In the book that was a pretty awesome "Holy shit the wall really is magical" moment.

Doesn't know any of the character names, but can place ones from Skins and the British Office... Did Josquius make this?  ;)
Odd coincidence. Just yesterday I checked up who Sam's ladyfriend was, totally didn't recognise her at all, only clicked once I read her IMDB profile.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

What happens if the fatman can't write fast enough?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/09/game-of-thrones-future/2/

QuoteIf the production does reach a crux point — if the fifth or sixth season wraps, say, and there's no new book on the shelf, well ... you might then see some maneuvering that would impress even Tywin Lannister. Martin has told the showrunners his top-secret end-game plan for Ice and Fire, but wouldn't be thrilled with the TV series progressing into that territory before he published his books. "I don't think I'd be happy with that," the author says. And neither would the producers. "We still have our fingers crossed that George will get there," Weiss says. "That's what's best for us, it's what's best for the fans. We'll cross that bridge when we get there." Adds Benioff: "Ideally the books come out first."
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Camerus

Quote from: Viking on June 11, 2013, 03:13:06 AM
What happens if the fatman can't write fast enough?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/09/game-of-thrones-future/2/

QuoteIf the production does reach a crux point — if the fifth or sixth season wraps, say, and there's no new book on the shelf, well ... you might then see some maneuvering that would impress even Tywin Lannister. Martin has told the showrunners his top-secret end-game plan for Ice and Fire, but wouldn't be thrilled with the TV series progressing into that territory before he published his books. "I don't think I'd be happy with that," the author says.

Then here's an idea:  sit down and finish writing the goddamn books.

Liep

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 04:45:58 AM

Pool, I'll put money down on the fat man not finishing the 6th book before the show runs out of material. Other choices, he'll finish both 6 and 7, he won't finish the 7th in time.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on June 11, 2013, 05:20:02 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 04:45:58 AM

Pool, I'll put money down on the fat man not finishing the 6th book before the show runs out of material. Other choices, he'll finish both 6 and 7, he won't finish the 7th in time.

Any odds on HBO hiring Brandon Sanderson for a undisclosed job for a substantial undisclosed fee?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Camerus

BtW, I thought the last episode was great.  Heavy on character development, which is one of the prime reasons ASOIAF is so interesting to begin with.

*However*, I still can't get into the Dany storyline.  Apart from her tedious self-righteousness, it just seems like she is a kind of modern shoe-horned into an otherwise pre-modern world.

The Larch

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 06:01:51 AM
BtW, I thought the last episode was great.  Heavy on character development, which is one of the prime reasons ASOIAF is so interesting to begin with.

*However*, I still can't get into the Dany storyline.  Apart from her tedious self-righteousness, it just seems like she is a kind of modern shoe-horned into an otherwise pre-modern world.

Yup. I found Shae's part the most puzzling though, it was something that I don't think that book Shae would have done, they're becoming two very different characters and that changes things for the future of that plotline.

Camerus

Quote from: The Larch on June 11, 2013, 06:18:47 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 06:01:51 AM

Yup. I found Shae's part the most puzzling though, it was something that I don't think that book Shae would have done, they're becoming two very different characters and that changes things for the future of that plotline.

*Spoiler tag for people who read threads on a series for which the books have been written years ago but expect to find no discussion of said events in the thread*

Yeah, I hate the changes to Shae.  Her betrayal of Tyrion kind of highlighted his isolation from the world and his quest to find Tysha.  I guess it could still turn out that way in terms of character development (I'm guessing Tywin will have her killed), but still, I kind of liked the notion of Tyrion choking her with the Hands of Gold shortly before killing his "wherever whores go" dad.

The Larch

Psst, spoiler tags are useful. :p

Josephus

Holy Spoilers Batman.

In other news, that's two episdoes in a row there were no boobs. Epic fail.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grallon

I quite enjoyed this episode - like a soft landing after a bumpy ride.  I think people would have flipped - even more than they have that is - had they included the last segment of the Red Wedding we saw yesterday - with Rob's... remains...  Other than that I find I'm enjoying Bran's segments much more in the show than in the books.  And anything with Daenerhys is good.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Camerus

The Larch

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 11, 2013, 07:05:31 AM
Psst, spoiler tags are useful. :p

Fixed.   ;)

You know we have real spoiler tags in the forum, right?  :P

[spoiler]Like these![/spoiler]

Liep

Didn't we have a GoT tv-thread, specifically to not expose anyone to the inevitable spoilers?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 06:23:56 AM
Yeah, I hate the changes to Shae.  Her betrayal of Tyrion kind of highlighted his isolation from the world and his quest to find Tysha.  I guess it could still turn out that way in terms of character development (I'm guessing Tywin will have her killed), but still, I kind of liked the notion of Tyrion choking her with the Hands of Gold shortly before killing his "wherever whores go" dad.

I'm fairly sure that will still happen, as a few episodes ago Tyrion gave Shae a rather prominent golden chain. :menace: