News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2013, 01:52:40 PM
You do realize that one way of not spoiling is to use obscure references to people and events. Besides the books have been out for years and how the hell can you consider yourself a languishite and not have read any of them by now. Thats like never having played EU3.

Lighten up bro.  I wasn't knocking you.  I was stating my own bewilderment.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zanza on June 10, 2013, 01:29:27 PM

Doesn't know any of the character names, but can place ones from Skins and the British Office... Did Josquius make this?  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

You do realize that one way of not spoiling is to use obscure references to people and events. Besides the books have been out for years and how the hell can you consider yourself a languishite and not have read any of them by now. Thats like never having played EU3.

Never read them either. :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on June 10, 2013, 03:21:02 PM

Never read them either. :)

Yeah but you have an excuse.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Katmai's illiteracy is not an excuse.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 10:51:44 AM
Last week I was let down by the Languish hype.

This week I was underwhelmed by the ho-hum season-ender.  :(
Aren't the two of these the only episodes you've seen?  Aside from being a pretty foolish way to watch the series, you really can't expect to know the names of characters or why things are relevant to anything when you jump into it at the very end of the third season. :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

frunk

I started reading the them several years ago, couldn't finish the first book.  Martin's prose defeated me.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 01:40:22 PM
Actually, I got Gareth from The Office as the one eyed guy from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Still doesn't solve my problem when Puff and crew are discussing the appearance of Wuldy and Miflow and Shamu in the next season.

I think you mean EU2. There are plenty of reasons to be on languish and not have played the latter. Just look at that map. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: frunk on June 10, 2013, 04:16:53 PM

I started reading the them several years ago, couldn't finish the first book.  Martin's prose defeated me.

I just skim his endless descriptions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 10, 2013, 04:10:49 PM
Aren't the two of these the only episodes you've seen?

I think I've seen every episode so far.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2013, 04:35:11 PM
Quote from: frunk on June 10, 2013, 04:16:53 PM

I just skim his endless descriptions.

That's getting into the book.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 10, 2013, 04:10:49 PM
Aren't the two of these the only episodes you've seen?

I think I've seen every episode so far.

I take that back.  I definitely missed the episode in which cripple boy and The Eyebrows of the Northern Wilds met up with the hallucination kid and his sister.

Phillip V

Mother and daughters without the grime and tears:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.