Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Awesome.

40 or so more weeks till the next one.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

I lol'ed when the girls giggled after Podrick passed by.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Last week I was let down by the Languish hype.

This week I was underwhelmed by the ho-hum season-ender.  :(

Eddie Teach

I think they should have ended with Jon becoming head of the nights watch rather than the anti - climactic Dany bit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

It was a pretty tame ending to the season.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

I think Asha Greyjoy is about to get shafted by D&D revisionism. This doesn't open up for any Kingsmoot or the Greyjoy brothers. Season 5 is gonna have some problems with a hard start having to introduce a whole bunch of new characters from dorne and pyke without the advantage of having a familiar face around to expedite their acclimatization.

I'm confused.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

*You're* confused?

I can remember the names of about 10 characters.  How the hell do you think I feel?

Neil

I found that bit with the 'sheep-shifting' adorable.  I'm glad they put that in to make Sansa's devastation more notable, as opposed to just her regular gloominess that she's been stuck in for the last two seasons.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 10, 2013, 10:57:26 AM
I think they should have ended with Jon becoming head of the nights watch rather than the anti - climactic Dany bit.

I agree, it was an okay episode and sets up season 4 fine, but the ending with Daenerys feelgoodyfreedomshitthatgoesnowhere... well.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 11:53:53 AM
*You're* confused?

I can remember the names of about 10 characters.  How the hell do you think I feel?

Admiral Yi

Actually, I got Gareth from The Office as the one eyed guy from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Still doesn't solve my problem when Puff and crew are discussing the appearance of Wuldy and Miflow and Shamu in the next season.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 01:40:22 PM
Actually, I got Gareth from The Office as the one eyed guy from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Still doesn't solve my problem when Puff and crew are discussing the appearance of Wuldy and Miflow and Shamu in the next season.

I like this post-show review if I missed something or got confused.

This one be the spoiler free version:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/mhysa-for-newbies,98349/
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

You do realize that one way of not spoiling is to use obscure references to people and events. Besides the books have been out for years and how the hell can you consider yourself a languishite and not have read any of them by now. Thats like never having played EU3. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Does Frodo make it to Rivendell? NO DONT TELL ME
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2013, 01:52:40 PM

You do realize that one way of not spoiling is to use obscure references to people and events. Besides the books have been out for years and how the hell can you consider yourself a languishite and not have read any of them by now. Thats like never having played EU3. 
I read 'em all and still can't remember half their names.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.