Siege

That's a disturbing analogy.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on June 05, 2013, 08:14:00 PM
That's a disturbing analogy.

I read a description of Willly's mental breakdown some years ago and that is the image that comes to mind when I found myself unable to complete a task.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Camerus

Best episode of the series so far. 

To be honest, I never cared much for Robb, Catelyn or the Starks (though I liked Ned), so I don't mourn their passing as much as most people do. 

Though of course, the Freys need to be exterminated.

Martinus

My favourite quote from comments to this episode:

QuoteOne does not simply warg into Hodor

:D

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

SO, we buckled and are letting the 13 year watch the show, with me running the remote. Fast forwarded over the Daenyrs rape scene.

He agreed that he saw more naked women even so in that hour than he has seen in his entire life. Considering he is a 13 year old boy with access to the internet, I don't believe him.

I've started re-watching all the episodes with the audio commentary on. It varies between really damn interesting, and mildly amusing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Me and Habs have talked a bit about doing a card driven MP games ala Here I Stand but based on the Game of Thrones. I think that would simply amazing, if well done.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Phillip V

Josephus

Quote from: Phillip V on June 08, 2013, 12:11:12 PM
Talk to him about rape.

Yes. Tell him it's only acceptable if the woman is asking for it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

D&D said with regards to Talisa (as opposed to Jeyne) that when they materially change a character they just change the name. Reasoning that they will not be raping the books if they instead of taking an existing character and changing it they will remove an existing character and replacing it with a new one. This sort of explains why Jeyne Westernling isn't in the books and Talisa Maegi is.

Now, what does this mean for Yara Greyjoy (as opposed to Asha Greyjoy)? The putative reason for changing the name was to avoid confusion with Spearwife Osha.

Are they doing away with Victarion? or Euron? or Aeron (yes, I know we've already seen him)? Talisa was invented for the womb-stabbing and to end any confusion about Robb's heir. They are not exactly issues that bookreaders thought needed dealing with beforehand.

TBH, Asha doesn't have an ongoing activity from now til we are caught up. When she does appear she does so intermittantly but does really cool shit each time.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jaron

Quote from: Berkut on June 08, 2013, 09:39:41 AM
Me and Habs have talked a bit about doing a card driven MP games ala Here I Stand but based on the Game of Thrones. I think that would simply amazing, if well done.

Do it.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

Quote from: Jaron on June 09, 2013, 03:44:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 08, 2013, 09:39:41 AM

Do it.

Quote29 5 / Fat man gets fan mail
After yet another round of abusive fan-mail complaining to Martin about how he is taking too long to get the next book out he decides to kill another Stark. Remove highest ranking Stark from the Game.

Admiral Yi

:lol:

If they get down to the little redheaded weenie they're toast.