Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2013, 09:58:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2013, 06:32:56 AM
Yes, he did.

I thought they lead him out and killed him out of sight.

Best advice about GoT: Never assume a character as dead unless you've seen it being slaughtered on-screen.

For instance, the Blackfish wasn't on the room either, he had left to pee.

Eddie Teach

Well my recollection could be wrong. Are you saying Edmure survived? Cause I thought he died in the book.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on June 03, 2013, 09:16:55 AM
For archers they were also pretty good musicians.....I'm assuming they were the same people.
Yeah, that was a point in the novels, that during the feast the musicians were suspiciously crap. Sad they didn;'t keep that.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2013, 10:07:13 AM
Well my recollection could be wrong. Are you saying Edmure survived? Cause I thought he died in the book.

No he didn't.

The Larch

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2013, 10:07:13 AM

You obviously didn't pay much attention, as he keeps appearing on later books.

Eddie Teach

He wasn't a very noteworthy character.  :sleep:

Josquius

Edmure was badly beaten and thrown in the dungeon iirc.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2013, 10:14:44 AM
He wasn't a very noteworthy character.  :sleep:

:huh:  He is deliberately brought up in a noteworthy manner on multiple occasions later on.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

A Feast For Crows wasn't a very noteworthy book.  :(

Martinus

Edmure survived. Until the child of his and the Frey chick is born, he is the lord of Riverrun and if he dies, presumably Catelyn's children stand to inherit. Freys will not kill him until they have the heir in their hands.

Eddie Teach

Oh, that makes sense, or at least to a twisted fuck like Walder Frey it would. I stand corrected.

Martinus

i now watched this episode three times, and I can't stop crying at the end every single time. Richard Madden and Michelle Fairley are amazing in that last scene. And the fact that the credits roll in total silence is a master stroke.

Berkut

Yeah, the credits without music was perfect.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2013, 01:46:19 PM
i now watched this episode three times, and I can't stop crying at the end every single time. Richard Madden and Michelle Fairley are amazing in that last scene. And the fact that the credits roll in total silence is a master stroke.

Ditto. That whole episode was well done, right down to the silent credits. Not sure why they chose not to end the season with that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 03, 2013, 04:12:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2013, 01:46:19 PM

Ditto. That whole episode was well done, right down to the silent credits. Not sure why they chose not to end the season with that.

You can't end the season on the Red Wedding.  What a downer, looks like it is all over.  Have to set up a cliffhanger / new plotlines for next season.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.