And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 02, 2013, 07:57:17 PM
13 seems a little young for GoT.

Would you be comfortable sitting there and watching a fucking scene with the kid?
i'd feel uncomfortable watching that with my parents now :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Siege

16 sounds ok.
Any younger than that, is a no-go.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

I think 13 is a bit young for the sorts of sex and violence that are in the books.  He's not even in high school yet.  He'll enjoy the story more when he's older anyway.

I think the Hebrew has it right.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Quote from: HVC on June 02, 2013, 07:57:58 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 02, 2013, 07:57:17 PM
13 seems a little young for GoT.

Would you be comfortable sitting there and watching a fucking scene with the kid?
i'd feel uncomfortable watching that with my parents now :D
No shit.  I remember being a bit younger than that when I was watching Terminator with my parents.  I was super uncomfortable Michael Biehn put an Edward Furlong into Linda Hamilton's belly, and thus create this weird loop in time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

For me growing up in a New England suburb: marijuana usage appeared by age 10, blowjobs by age 11, and thongs by age 12. From present-day anecdotal reports and news stories, that stuff is now appearing even earlier in elementary school. :wacko:

11B4V

Quote from: Phillip V on June 02, 2013, 08:26:50 PM
For me growing up in a New England suburb: marijuana usage appeared by age 10, blowjobs by age 11, and thongs by age 12. From present-day anecdotal reports and news stories, that stuff is now appearing even earlier in elementary school. :wacko:

Not everyone grows up in the projects.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on June 02, 2013, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2013, 07:50:59 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 02, 2013, 03:51:21 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2013, 03:18:23 PM
My 13 year old is asking me when he can watch the show or read the books.
Now. 13 is quite an old age to be prevented from books and television. :wacko:

Really?

Is that a typical consensus?

Thirteen seems kind of young to me for rated-M violence and sexuality.

Hell, it isn't even the violence and sexuality that concerns me so much as the kinds of violence and sexuality.
13 seems good enough for boobies. As for violence, he's probably seen worse already.

Not to mention all the double penetrations he's seen on the Internet.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

btw...that was an excellent episode.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on June 02, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
btw...that was an excellent episode.

Oh yeah, as brutal as expected and more.

Phillip V

I have not watched it yet. Any tears?

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on June 02, 2013, 08:30:55 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 02, 2013, 08:26:50 PM
Not everyone grows up in the projects.
But most people grow up near a news source.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fucking just airing here you douches.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2013, 11:11:53 PM
Fucking just airing here you douches.

Spoiler Alert: The Lannisters do not appear in this episode.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I have been waiting for this ever since they announced they are making a Game of Thrones series:

https://twitter.com/redweddingtears

:D

Btw, awesome episode.

Sophie Scholl

Hahaha.  That's amusing.  Some people are such clowns. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."