News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

IDK man, I am getting tired of Ygritte's schenangians. Ok, shoving Robb's intimate lovelife into your face was sort of understandable due to SPOILERY SPOILERS coming. The rest? Meh. Maybe its because I read the books so I knew about the bear pit thing, but I didn't like this episode.

Martinus

Well, I never really cared for the "beyond the wall" story arcs, so that neither ruins or makes the episode for me.

Josquius

Wait, what? Another nice addition from the books to feed the fans. Robb's queen is preggers. There's been lots of rumours about that but never anything confirmed.
This is a different queen so perhaps things aren't that way in the novels continuity but....wow.

A book based thought, small spoilers follow-
Why does Jamie decide to study sword fighting with his left hand. Might not a strap on sword like that of the guy in the Walking Dead be better? Maybe it needs to be hand and a half so his left can support it properly.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

What is this show & removal of male genitals?

How do they pee?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I'd imagine it leaks out at the point where the pipe was cut.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on May 14, 2013, 03:32:43 AM
A book based thought, small spoilers follow-
Why does Jamie decide to study sword fighting with his left hand.

:huh: Because his right one got cut off.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on May 14, 2013, 02:54:11 AM
That being said, I think the season would have worked much better if they did the Joff's wedding as the season's finale/cliffhanger, rather than the opener of the next season, if anything because everyone has been talking about the wedding for the whole season so that will be like Gogol's gun not firing.

I think your sense of chronology might need some work.  Joffrey doesn't have his wedding until near the end of book 3.  To have it pushed far forward to the end of season 3 instead of (my guess) episode 4-5 of the season 4 would be an absurd time shift, nevermind robbing the narrative oomph from Edmure's wedding.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Phillip V

I enjoyed the episode as there was good emotional dialogue and scenes as well as funny parts (Sansa+Margaery). We do feel sympathy for Ygritte in her love for the know-nothing Jon Snow. Producers definitely played the love between Robb and Talisa this episode to genuine height. Even the relationship between Jaime and Brienne was taken to a new level. Audience was probably very intrigued about the real introduction of Gendry to the game of thrones. Will the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa happen? Everything is getting built up for the shocking last three episodes of the season.

Eddie Teach

I've finally caught up with the series. Gotta say, the casting director must be one of the luckiest men alive.

Phillip V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 19, 2013, 03:02:23 AM
I've finally caught up with the series. Gotta say, the casting director must be one of the luckiest men alive.
You think he tried them first?

Eddie Teach

Lettow77

Roose change. It fits. Its coming. Get hype.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Phillip V

Any nude pics of Emilia Clarke outside of the show? I heard she got naked for a theatre performance, but I cannot find any pics. :(

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2013, 09:12:21 AM
What is this show & removal of male genitals?

How do they pee?!

With a stick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Danaerys. Naked.

And other stuff happened too.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011