Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on May 08, 2013, 06:09:18 AM
Rhlor

It must suck to be a worshipper of a god whose name sounds like a bad case of throat infection.

Martinus

So, the synopsis of the last episode has been announced and it reads: [spoiler]Joffrey challenges Tywin[/spoiler]. I cannot guess what this might be referring to - and more importantly, will they feature [spoiler]Joffrey's wedding[/spoiler] this season or the next? I think doing it this season would make for a great finale. What do you think?

Martinus

Ah, I think I just remembered what this may refer to - and this likely mean we won't see the event his season.

The Larch

Nope, that wedding will go in the next season. This season's weddings will be [spoiler]Tyrion and Sansa's and the Red Wedding[/spoiler].

Josephus

[spoiler]There's another wedding too, no? The Frey wedding. Isn't that the one with the big massacre?[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on May 10, 2013, 08:26:18 AM
[spoiler]There's another wedding too, no? The Frey wedding. Isn't that the one with the big massacre?[/spoiler]

Larch mentioned that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Caught an inconsistency last night.

The Gay Knight is chatting with Whatsherface about their wedding and he starts burbling about her wedding dress.  Blah blah blah French sleeves.

You can't have French sleeves without a France. :nerd:

Eddie Teach

Maybe there was a designer named French who invented them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2013, 02:11:34 PM

The Gay Knight is chatting with Whatsherface about their wedding and he starts burbling about her wedding dress.  Blah blah blah French sleeves.

It's a translation of the westerosi to English.  It was either that or "freedom sleeves"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 10, 2013, 02:32:36 PM

It's a translation of the westerosi to English.  It was either that or "freedom sleeves"

:D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malicious Intent

I thought he said "fringed sleeves".

Martinus

He says "fringe sleeves". This was already widely analysed.

Phillip V

Very disappointing episode. No sex or nudity; just Tyrion interrupting Shae barely undressing Sansa.

Admiral Yi

Daring muff shot in this week's episode.