And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Post vanished. Bah.

Just seen last episode.
That scene with the red priests- wow, now I definitely can't remember that from the books. Am I just going crazy in my old age or is this a major and interesting change? That's a scene I was looking forward to popping up in the books some day. Though the question of how Mel got so deep into enemy territory like that is there....
I'm sure in the books Gendry just faded into the background as Arya moved on, a bit of research shows he pops up later in Brienne's story. So they've decided to kill him off instead ey...interesting big change.
Part of me increasingly suspecs these extra POV scenes and changes are to keep book fans interested.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

How did she get there? It's medieval europe in a war fought by nobles. There is no front.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

The "Melissandre visits the Riverlands" scene was invented for the show, it's not in the books. I guess that red priests have an inbuilt GPS or something, to be able to find each other easily.

Berkut

What is even more silly than her ability to find Thoros is her ability to know that Thoros has Gendry to begin with.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 07, 2013, 08:32:24 PM
What is even more silly than her ability to find Thoros is her ability to know that Thoros has Gendry to begin with.

Firegoddidit.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

I asked before what the deal was with the guys torturing the Greyjoy kid and all I got was Marty posting "Boltons."

Can anyone shed some illumination on the issue for me?

Razgovory

The Boltons are known as notorious torturers.  They are suppose to be vassals of House Stark, but they are treacherous.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

So they're torturing him because they like to torture?  Could be anyone?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on May 07, 2013, 08:32:24 PM
Or her ability to survive the maester's poison.  I, for one, am astounded and dismayed that things that could only be explained by magic are being done by a witch in a fantasy setting.  The creators should be ashamed of themselves.  This is even worse than the dragons' wings being improperly oriented to provide the proper lift required for flight, or how frozen bodies can move around as if they were thawed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2013, 10:00:49 PM
I asked before what the deal was with the guys torturing the Greyjoy kid and all I got was Marty posting "Boltons."

Can anyone shed some illumination on the issue for me?

No, it's not a Bolton. It's a Snow. RWhasnthappendyet
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

Yes, he is not a nice person.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

The guy who is torturing him is the bastard son of the guy who currently holds Jaimes and Brienne prisoners. While the dad is a treacherous, ruthless asshole, the bastard son is completely unhinged. He murdered his own, legitimate brother and fancies himself the legitimate heir (even if his father pretty much treats him like a rabid dog he is).

His favorite pastimes include raping, hunting (with dogs) and skinning women - not necessarily in that order. He wants to break Theon's psyche and turn him into a Westerosi version of a gimp, just for shit and giggles, because he once had a servant like this who died, and he wants a new model. He is going to castrate Theon, remove few more fingers and stuff like that.

Yes, it's GRRM doing the "ridiculously evil".  :P

Viking

And Martinus wants so suck the toes of the guy who his playing him....