News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Considering that book series and show is immensely popular on Languish which has a grand total of 2 women who are regular posters...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 07:15:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 03, 2013, 07:05:22 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 03, 2013, 08:17:35 AM
Just goes to show, tapping into the stupid woman market is what's best for a show.
:huh: How is it tapping into that market?

True Blood?

I assumed he was equating Game of Thrones with True Blood. They have the same shaped lines going on in that graph.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 03, 2013, 08:14:07 AM
It's true Boardwalk season 3 was boring as fuck.

I disagree. Season 3 was good. Season 2 was Teh Boredom

Martinus

True Blood is not Twilight. It's hardly a stupid women show.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2013, 02:45:05 AM
No, it's just a stupid show. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on May 04, 2013, 02:28:20 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 03, 2013, 08:14:07 AM
It's true Boardwalk season 3 was boring as fuck.

I disagree. Season 3 was good. Season 2 was Teh Boredom
:yes:
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

It's a pretty stupid show though. It became my new crack after I gave up Grey's Anatomy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

I stopped with True Blood mostly because it got stupid. I liked the first season, and the whole concept of vampires "coming out" as it were. But by season two, they started adding more "monsters" so that within a few seasons it seemed regular, normal people were the minority in that town. So you wondered why there was such a hostility towards vampires anyways. "Oh, it's OK to be a werewolf or a fairy, and I'm  a shape shifter, but god forbid you're a vampire." I don't know, just lost all credibility, in as much as a show about vampires can have.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Agreed it fell apart and when Allen Ball left it at the end of the most recent season - he basically broke it completely apart.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

I also eventually abandoned True Blood. :(

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2013, 12:13:14 PM
Agreed it fell apart and when Allen Ball left it at the end of the most recent season - he basically broke it completely apart.
Actually I disagree.  The last season was the best in multiple years.  Ball isn't the best showrunner in the world. 

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on May 04, 2013, 01:46:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2013, 12:13:14 PM
Actually I disagree.  The last season was the best in multiple years.  Ball isn't the best showrunner in the world. 

I guess "best" if you consider it good when most of the characters turn about face on their past actions and consider Lilith to be an interesting plot device.

Martinus

I want Lady Olenna and Lord Tywin to have their own spin-off show.  :lol:

I'd pay to watch them talk in the same room for hours.

Neil

It's Twilight for adults rather than tweens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

What was the deal with Sansa watching the ship sail away? I know she was sad because marrying the dwarf doesn't seem like such a great deal compared to Loras, but what was the ship supposed to be?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned