News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Damning screencaps of the upcoming episode suggest an unprecedented escalation of the slander Stannis has had to endure from HBO.

As an excellent work of fiction, it has had a mark upon me; things have come full circle to the point that in defense of Stannis, I have become as bitter and thin-skinned as the determined monarch himself.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 28, 2013, 07:49:44 AM
Die.
You're just mad because he gave Renly his well-deserved death.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2013, 09:14:19 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 28, 2013, 07:49:44 AM
Die.
You're just mad because he gave Renly his well-deserved death.

What makes him really mad is that what killed Renly was Breeders Breeding. To kill Renly Stannis fucked a woman. I can't think of a more anti-ghey way to die.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

I liked this episode.  :lol:

Lannister family meetings are always fun. By the way, is it me or do Baratheons make for really shitty parents?

Also, the only non-disgusting nudity this episode = gheys.

Admiral Yi

In the books do the gigantic butch chick and Jaime ever make the two backed beast?  Show certainly seems to be leaning that way.

Someone tell me the deal on the people torturing the Greyjoy kid?  I missed the first two episodes this season.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2013, 02:20:24 PM
In the books do the gigantic butch chick and Jaime ever make the two backed beast?  Show certainly seems to be leaning that way.
Don't think so.

QuoteSomeone tell me the deal on the people torturing the Greyjoy kid?  I missed the first two episodes this season.

Boltons.

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2013, 02:18:05 PM

:rolleyes: That was rather repulsive.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Incidentally, it seems like Loras being gay is probably the worst kept secret of King's Landing. Whenever his name comes up, everyone (with the possible exception of Joffrey and Sansa) makes a gay joke.  :D

Josephus

Well he is the Knight of Flowers. Sounds pretty ghey to me.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Lannister family meetings are always fun. By the way, is it me or do Baratheons make for really shitty parents?

Ygritt was to skinny and I think they didn't show Brienne's breasts simply because they are probably quite nice and would distract from the flat chested description from the books.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Brienne looked alright in the head shots we saw when they cast her. Course, those don't really show scale so well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2013, 02:30:53 PM
Incidentally, it seems like Loras being gay is probably the worst kept secret of King's Landing. Whenever his name comes up, everyone (with the possible exception of Joffrey and Sansa) makes a gay joke.  :D

And he also seems to have a really terrible gaydar. I mean, his new squire was booming with ghey rays and he still seemed surprised about it.

The Larch

Also, Shireen Baratheon seemed to be a really sweet girl. What a sad character she is..

And Lady Selyse is even creepier than in the books. Having your unborn kids in jars in your bedroom is Dr. Moureau-ish. No wonder Stannis beds Melissandre, who only gives birth to shadow assassins.

Queequeg

Ygritte's ass was fantastic.  I think she's one of the prettier women in a cast full of pretty women.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."