News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

That's fair. He does some questionable things, and they are almost all traceable to that demon-worshiper he keeps company with. But tied with Ned Stark is a pretty virtuous place to be.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

Fun fact: apparently, based on the last two episodes, there are already fansites for fangirls shipping (a fangirl term for rooting for a certain romantic pairing) Alfie Allen's and Iwan Rheon's characters. :bleeding:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 18, 2013, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2013, 11:32:05 AM
But Stannis is the embodiment of loyalty and fidelity, which is the highest virtue.
I wouldn't go quite that far.  After all, he betrayed his wife.  That sort of knocks him down into a tie with Ned Stark.
R+L = J :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Scipio

I can't wait until Jon takes off and nukes the whole continent from orbit- it's the only way to make sure.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2013, 05:09:03 PM
But Stannis is the embodiment of loyalty and fidelity, which is the highest virtue.
I wouldn't go quite that far.  After all, he betrayed his wife.  That sort of knocks him down into a tie with Ned Stark.
I'm talking about his lying to Robert, you fag.  And even if that theory holds up, he committed an evil act by not killing Jon when he was a baby and ending Rhaegar's twisted line.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2013, 05:09:03 PM

Raz + Legbiter = Jimmy Olsen?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

I'm liking Danaerys's story the best. Loved the final sequence with her "airforce" flying over her army.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Daenerys is trending on Twitter. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on April 21, 2013, 09:00:06 PM
I'm liking Danaerys's story the best. Loved the final sequence with her "airforce" flying over her army.

Dunno about the tv, but it seems that for book readers her storyline is the most divisive one - some people love her and some people hate her. Personally, her "trade" in Astapor was one of the most satisfying events in the books for me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on April 21, 2013, 09:00:06 PM
totally agree with you :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Queequeg

I wish the unsullied used pikes.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sophie Scholl

All of my favorite characters seem to get a lot of their storyline cut/altered or made into villains.  See: The Hound, Davos Seaworth, and Stannis Baratheon.  I'm hoping The Hound manages to get a bit more airtime in the coming weeks, and the setup for the fight gives me some hope.  Davos continues to languish with Stannis on irrelevant isle, so maybe in another week or two we can see them again.  Sidenote:  Hooray for Pod, the envy of King's Landing! :cheers:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

I liked the late reveal with "Valyrian, motherfuckers, I speak it" - I think it works that way much better than in the books (where it would have been hard to keep it secret from readers, as we are inside Danny's head so to speak).

Queequeg

Is she speaking High Valyrian and the others have been speaking Ghiscari? They made two quite different languages.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."