News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

The Greatjon had his ear bit off. Guess the wolf next door didn't appreciate his booming laugh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-21927889
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Larch

Quote from: Queequeg on March 25, 2013, 05:34:30 PM
Is Greatjon in this season?

IIRC it was mentioned that he wouldn't be returning.

jimmy olsen

Just noticed this! :w00t:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/18/game-of-thrones-longer-season-3/

Quote"A super-sized season, as befitting Storm of Swords," Benioff adds. "Last year we had a lot of 52-minute episodes. This year is a lot of 56, 57."

In fact, the third season finale is expected to run more than an hour — a move that requires special permission from the network (previously, the show's pilot and its second season finale exceeded an hour). Episodes are still being calibrated so exact times could change, but HBO and producers are confident the season will deliver more Thrones than ever before. Says HBO in a statement: "All 10 episodes gained a minute or two from past seasons with the finale very possibly exceeding 60 minutes."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Well, killing half of the cast takes time.

Martinus

God, I can't wait. I know what I will be doing on Easter Monday morning.  :cool:

Sophie Scholl

Participating in Dyngus Day festivities? :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 27, 2013, 03:05:00 PM

With freezing weather? No thank you.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
YOLO!

:(

My google image search has failed me, so imagine a pic of Patton Oswalt killing a douchey 20 something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2013, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 27, 2013, 03:05:00 PM

With freezing weather? No thank you.
I'm actually missing out on Buffalo, NY's Dyngus Day celebration for the first time since I found out about it 6 or so years ago.  I got roped into helping a friend move. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

How disappointing, nobody seems to have caught my Justified reference.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Benioff said that episode 9 ("Rains of Castamere") will follow a similar approach to season 2's "Blackwater" in that it will focus almost exclusively on a single storyline.

Grinning_Colossus

Good. I recall a rumor that the writers had lost their brains and decided to cut between the Red Wedding and Tyrion's.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Martinus

I watched the first episode of season three.

:worthy: