Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2013, 05:44:28 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2013, 02:17:45 PM
I just watched another promo. I am fucking excited.  :sleep:

Renly's dead, you do know that. He is not coming back to life.

With Renly dead, of course I am rooting for the other rightful Queen. :P

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2013, 08:35:14 PM
New? Got a link?

Well I watched the season 2 recap feature. Which got me back into the hype.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2013, 04:03:26 PM

That can only mean more man scraping or other such sexuality not found in the books.

What is "man scraping"?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on March 12, 2013, 03:29:18 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2013, 05:44:28 PM

Renly's dead, you do know that. He is not coming back to life.

With Renly dead, of course I am rooting for the other rightful Queen. :P

Loras?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on March 12, 2013, 03:30:22 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2013, 04:03:26 PM

That can only mean more man scraping or other such sexuality not found in the books.

What is "man scraping"?

the gay scene where Renly gets shaved that you were so hot about back in the day.  The reference was used in the thread at the time.

garbon

Do you mean manscaping? I don't think the idea is brutal exfoliation. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Finnished season 2 in the course of a few days. These mother fuckers got drama.  :lol: It's good but over the top at times. Bronn's the man.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

As am I.  My buddy picked up the Game of Thrones beer put out by the local brewery, Ommegang.  We plan on breaking it out for the premiere.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Larch

It was all worth it...for this moment alone it was all worth it.

:lol:

Razgovory

I'm always creeped out to see photos of that guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2013, 10:01:07 AM
I'm always creeped out to see photos of that guy.

he is like Old Raz? :P

jimmy olsen

:hmm:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2013/03/25/game-of-thrones-a-review-of-hbo-s-third-season-of-sex-starks-more.html
Quote...With this many storylines whizzing by like arrows, some are bound to thud to earth rather than hit their mark. A second episode monologue by Catelyn Stark (Michelle Fairley), about her relationship with her late husband's bastard Jon Snow (Kit Harington), is particularly head-scratching, almost tantamount to outright character assassination. And diehard fans of the books may be perturbed by a change to a subplot involving hapless Night's Watch knight Samwell Tarly (John Bradley). In fact, several shocking revelations within the novels are seemingly spelled out for the viewer rather than left until later to unfurl as major plot twists.

But there are still plenty of mysteries and surprises in store in an otherwise stellar start to the season. Season 3 of Game of Thrones promises to be its best yet, a triumphant and commanding addition to the series, one that asks tough questions about glory and defeat, oaths and bonds, and about the nature of power, an issue that lies at the heart of Martin's work. What is its true cost? And what are we each willing to do in order to attain even a rare sliver of influence? In the midst of war, is there any semblance of humanity left?

These are questions that are typically found in the weightiest of literature, rather than in a drama about a fractured kingdom, where dormant magic—embodied by three dragons—is slowly returning to the world. But that is part of the beauty and wonder of Game of Thrones: it poses existential questions as it engages in the sort of sex and violence you would expect from a premium cable program.

The sense of jeopardy here is palpable, creating an atmosphere where no character is ever truly safe. All men must die, as Martin reminds us several times over in the novels, and the same holds true within the transcendent Game of Thrones: the pleasures of life are seen as fleeting and ephemeral, but death conquers all in the end.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I just saw a new web series called "School of Thrones" on YouTube. Like the title suggests, it's an adaptation of these books to a high school. Not a particularly inspired parody or anything, but I found it amusing. Plus the chick who plays Sansa is superhot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?