News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

I'm not sure they are splitting it in to two exact parts.  Almost all of the acton is in the later half of the book, so it would make sense more to do something like 60-70%, and then basically abandon the divided structure of Feast for Crows/first bit of Dance, because that really sucks anyways.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Guy with eagle, wans't it?
Varamyr sixskins stole his eagle?

Queequeg

Anyone hear anything on Mance or Oberyn's casting?  Or if Selmy is really coming back?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Larch

Quote from: Queequeg on July 15, 2012, 03:38:42 PM
Anyone hear anything on Mance or Oberyn's casting?  Or if Selmy is really coming back?

I don't think that Oberyn will be introduced during this season, I guess they'll push him to the 4th season. No casting news about Mance, but he has been confirmed to be amongst the new characters for this season.

Queequeg

Then what is Tyrion going to do?  I was guessing that they would go up to the [spoiler]death of Joffrey[/spoiler].  It would seem to be an appropriate Episode 9 event, if Episode 7-8 is [spoiler]Red Wedding[/spoiler]-I think the event is so big that you can't really just end with it, as with Ned's execution and the Blackwater. 

grumbler

Quote from: Queequeg on July 15, 2012, 09:07:37 PM
Then what is Tyrion going to do?  I was guessing that they would go up to [spoiler]the death of Joffrey.[/spoiler]  It would seem to be an appropriate Episode 9 event, if Episode 7-8 is[spoiler] Red Wedding[/spoiler]-I think the event is so big that you can't really just end with it, as with Ned's execution and the Blackwater.

See how spoiler tags work?    Use 'em when talking about events past where the series is now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

When ius the next book coming out?
I cannot find it anywhere.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on July 16, 2012, 06:11:53 PM

that's what the people at http://westeros.org/ and http://winter-is-coming.net/ are wondering.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Even supposing he's got book 6 written, I'm sure it'll still need to be gutted, split off and rewritten a couple more times first. 2016 maybe.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Siege on July 16, 2012, 06:11:53 PM
After Martin dies.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

I love castles.
Have you guys found any westerosi style designs?

Siege

jimmy olsen

Those look like normal keeps, Westerosi castles are totally fantastical.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

szmik

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 25, 2012, 09:58:22 AM
Those look like normal keeps, Westerosi castles are totally fantastical.

What does it even mean?  :hmm:

Castles have their purpose, even in Westeros.  :secret:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.