Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 12, 2012, 01:29:39 AM
Quote from: Siege on July 11, 2012, 10:40:11 PM
I'm starting to really hate Daenarys.
She only thinks of sex with sellswords.

This coming from the guy who's been in two different armies. Guess Siege doesn't like sex.

1- I have served in more than 2 armies.
2- I have never been a merc.
3- I love sex.
4- You are a retard.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: viper37 on July 11, 2012, 01:45:21 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/keenan/game-of-thrones-with-lightsabers

Thanks, this is a major find.
I guess now we know that lightsabers greatly enhance sword combat.
It let us easily follow every thrust and cut without needing to be an expert swordman.

Lucas a fucking genious, no doubt.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Solmyr

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2012, 11:51:47 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2012, 02:56:57 AM
Quote from: Siege on July 11, 2012, 10:38:26 PM
What's Littlefinger's game?
Why would he marry Sansa with the heir to the Eyre?
What's his game?

I thought he had the hots for Sansa, since she looks like Catherine.
How can a marriage between Sansa and Harry the Heir further Littlefinger's bid for the Iron throne?

Knock her up, arrange for an accident for Harry, whammo, Littlefinger Junior (either his or Harry's, matters not), lord of of the vale.

Nah. It can't be that.
Littlefinger is aiming high. He wants the Iron throne for himself, not his heir.
There have to be a more immediate benefit for him out of this.

Why would he want the Iron Throne? It'd be like painting a big target on his ass.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2012, 11:54:40 PM
1- I have served in more than 2 armies.
2- I have never been a merc.

1- How many more and which ones?
2- No, just easily persuadable.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2012, 11:51:47 PM
Nah. It can't be that.
Littlefinger is aiming high. He wants the Iron throne for himself, not his heir.
There have to be a more immediate benefit for him out of this.

This kid would just rule the vale, not the Iron Throne, and Little Finger would control him.

I don't think Little Finger cares too much about actually being king himself, being the de facto unquestioned most powerful man would be better than being de jure king.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

Season 3 casting release video.  Jojen and Meera Reed, Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully, Olenna "The Queen of Thorns" Tyrell, Missandei, Orell, Shireen Baratheon, Beric Dondarrion, and Thoros of Myr all introduced and throw a few comments out.  Looks like some good choices. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSDSgChsaI
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Solmyr

Need Ramsay, though I guess they may be keeping him hidden for longer to maintain the suspense of season 2 ending.

jimmy olsen

I'd imagined the Queen of Thorns as older, but that's my only quibble.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Solmyr on July 13, 2012, 06:03:25 PM
Need Ramsay, though I guess they may be keeping him hidden for longer to maintain the suspense of season 2 ending.
They don't really need Ramsay.  He's not that important.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2012, 08:50:55 PM
I'd imagined the Queen of Thorns as older, but that's my only quibble.
Older than Diana Rigg?  Like, dead?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on July 13, 2012, 09:08:23 PM
Disagree, especially since Theon has been given a much bigger role all throughout the TV series than he had in the books.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

So far to the overall story - not so important.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Getting Boromir to play Ned, cunning
Getting Anne Boleyn to play Margaery Tyrell, fitting
Getting Mrs. James Bond to play Olenna Tyrell just makes those scenes where she bitches about how mace is not quite the man his father was, epic. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on July 14, 2012, 02:10:21 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 13, 2012, 09:08:23 PM
Disagree, especially since Theon has been given a much bigger role all throughout the TV series than he had in the books.
You can tell Theon's story without going into much detail on who is torturing him.

viper37

given that they are splitting book 3 in 2 parts, they might just skip Theon's faith and bring it back later.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.