News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2012, 11:03:44 PM
Is Osha the chick with the big eyeballs and eyebrows?

This series has really been a boon for actors and actresses with funky northernish accents, hasn't it?

Aye.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

She's actually a rather posh southerner.
She played the multicoloured hair girl in Harry Potter.
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2012, 11:36:26 PM
Nope.  Only Harry Potter vet is Lord Frey.  Strange, when you consider how many British actors are on the show.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

Quote from: Queequeg on June 06, 2012, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2012, 11:36:26 PM
Nope.  Only Harry Potter vet is Lord Frey.  Strange, when you consider how many British actors are on the show.

:huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Tena

QuoteShe appeared in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as Nymphadora Tonks, a role she reprised in its sequels Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and Part 2.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

Did she do a Gollum impression in Harry Potter too, or is that just an affectation she's using for this character only?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

I can't beleive Ser Dontos made it into the show.
Why slash Jeyne Westerling and keep Ser Dontos?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josephus

I don't remember her in Harry Potter at all. But I find all British women tend to look like each other.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Siege

I still don't think Robb Starks blunder with the Westerlings in the books is credible.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Octavian

Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2012, 07:18:22 AM
I don't remember her in Harry Potter at all. But I find all British women tend to look like each other.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

The Larch

Well, she's Spanish, at least genetically.  :lol:

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on June 07, 2012, 07:23:04 AM
I still don't think Robb Starks blunder with the Westerlings in the books is credible.

Then Martin must be doing some things right, if his work is as credible as the moon landings.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: Octavian on June 07, 2012, 07:26:40 AM

She'll look like Thatcher when she's old.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Kleves

Quote from: Berkut on June 05, 2012, 10:04:23 PM
Apparently there really doesn't need to be a motive. Jon maybe is French, and is all "Fuck the world! Life is shit. I shall kill my friend. Why? Because fuck you, that is why! Give me another cigarette"
I thought it was clear that Halfhand's plan was for Jon to kill him and act as an inside man in the wildling army for the Night's Watch. Remember, Halfhand told Jon that "one man on the inside is worth a thousand on the outside" and that Jon had to be willing to do whatever it took to accomplish that. Right after saying that, Halfhand began shouting insults at Jon and attacking him. Later, when he begins yelling insults again, attacks Jon, and contrives a situation in which Jon will have to kill him to survive, I thought it was pretty clear what was expected of Jon. I do agree that they could have been made it more explicit that Jon was acting persuant to the plan, but I don't think it was unclear.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Thatcher looked like Helen Hunt.  :hmm: