Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Jaron on May 23, 2012, 05:43:24 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 23, 2012, 05:42:58 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 23, 2012, 05:41:54 AM
That's your problem, grumbler. Few men here can challenge your intellect one on one. It is like being Mike Tyson in the 80s and going to your local bar and asking "Anyone want to fight?".

Everyone would run to the door except Martinus - he would perhaps feebly attempt to beat you with his purse.

Suck ass

Plonker

Sorry dont drink cheap wine.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

One thing that struck me about the Varys and Tyrion chat was their dragon talk....they just took it all at face value it seemed.
Tyrion pretty much said "She has dragons? OK. No worries, they'll take a while to grow." when he really should be "She has dragons? I suppose she has the children of the forest lining up to support her too."
In the books the stories of the dragons were treat mostly as hearsay.

Agreed things are going a bit slow.
Overall with the series I'm greatly dissapointed at how they skip over the action.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: 11B4V on May 23, 2012, 05:24:29 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2012, 01:34:45 AM
Babylon 5

Could never get into that show.

I wouldn't have minded it but for all the political plots, spaceships and aliens.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on May 24, 2012, 10:40:51 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 23, 2012, 05:24:29 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2012, 01:34:45 AM
Babylon 5

Could never get into that show.

I wouldn't have minded it but for all the political plots, spaceships and aliens.

My main problem with it was that they apparently didn't have enough space dollars to get decent space lighting in their space station. It was always dark.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on May 24, 2012, 10:40:51 AM

Agree with all of that except the bits about the political plots, spaceships, and aliens. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Why was the Hound so badly casted?
It should have been the actor playing Bronn, or the one playing jaqar.
It should have been somebody that could look good with Sansa, despite the age diference.

Habbaku

He wasn't poorly-cast, in my opinion, but he's been ill-used.  And by that, I mean not at all.  If any character has been effectively cut from the series, it's him.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on May 24, 2012, 04:56:09 PM
Why was the Hound so badly casted?
It should have been the actor playing Bronn, or the one playing jaqar.
It should have been somebody that could look good with Sansa, despite the age diference.
Looks well casted to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIWX2fPx-5k

Like Grumbler said, his character's been cut back a lot.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Habbaku on May 24, 2012, 05:04:09 PM
He wasn't poorly-cast, in my opinion, but he's been ill-used.  And by that, I mean not at all.  If any character has been effectively cut from the series, it's him.

QuoteLike Grumbler said, his character's been cut back a lot.

:hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 24, 2012, 06:20:20 PM
Convergence!
:lol:

Except that I wouldn't argue that the Hound has been under-used at all.  He has appeared where he needed to appear, which is how ensemble TV works.  They probably did all his scenes for the season in a few days, because that's all the time of his they would pay for.  Sansa didn't appear in ep 8 either.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!