News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I figured he'd audition for Doran Martell.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

QuoteAnother role that is rumored to be currently casting is Daario Naharis. And, according to someone who has seen the casting breakdown, the producers are looking for "any ethnicity, except Caucasian".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2012, 07:49:48 PM
QuoteAnother role that is rumored to be currently casting is Daario Naharis. And, according to someone who has seen the casting breakdown, the producers are looking for "any ethnicity, except Caucasian".

I'm no stinkin' georgian, chechen, ingush or azeri.. maybe I'll try out for the part... I'd be willing to grow a goatee and dye it blue...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2012, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2012, 12:48:23 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 02, 2012, 10:18:03 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2012, 10:06:53 AM
guys are worried about spoilers for non book readers but basically confirm everyone but Stannis and Daenarys are left alive...
Not sure what your argument is, here.  Renly and Viserys, the other pretenders, died in the show so far.  Since neither Dany nor Stannis has no sibs (that we know of), that leaves those two as the remaining pretenders to the throne.

Surely we don't have to worry, in a discussion about the show, that there may be some people reading who haven't seen the show?
While technically not seeking the Iron throne for themselves, they are waging a war of rebellion against the current king Joffrey, presumably to either seek accomodations/independance or to install their own pupper ruler: Rob Stark and Greyjoy.  Also, King Joffrey is a prentender to the throne, given that his legitimacy is challenged by many.

Neither of Stark or Greyjoy are pretenders. They aim for their own crowns, not the iron throne. Rob offered peace as long as the North was recognized as his.

Yeah. Stannis is waging a rebellion with "Claim the title of King of Seven Kingdoms" as a CB. Both Starks and Greyjoys are waging a rebellion with the "Independence" CB (technically, Starks could also be waging a war to "Depose King Joffrey").

Josquius

Been away tthis week so just saw the last episode.
I'm worried. The Iron Men are coming for Winterfell but we've yet to have much happen there....cutting the Frey wars- fair enough. But no Jonen and the other one? They're pretty vital...is Osha going to take over for them? What of Rickon?
Seems they're really diverging from the books now.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Looks like a 'shit hits the fan' episode.  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2012, 11:32:45 PM
Been away tthis week so just saw the last episode.
I'm worried. The Iron Men are coming for Winterfell but we've yet to have much happen there....cutting the Frey wars- fair enough. But no Jonen and the other one? They're pretty vital...is Osha going to take over for them? What of Rickon?
Seems they're really diverging from the books now.
I really don't know how they're going to replace them.  There weren't any Frey hostage either, and Bolton's bastard has yet to be introduced as a psycho.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

I'm sort of hoping that they'll meet up with the Reeds when they are on the run outside of Winterfell.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jaron

I hope they streamline Daenerys story a bit. It's so drawn out and boring at times. "I think I'll sit in my city this entire book and day dream about this blue haired fucker with a gold tooth."
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Faeelin

So, are all of Dany's followers now dead?

viper37

Quote from: Viking on May 07, 2012, 04:42:40 PM
I'm sort of hoping that they'll meet up with the Reeds when they are on the run outside of Winterfell.
they did cut a fair amount of content, so maybe there's room for them.

I wonder how they'll introduce Bolton's bastard.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2012, 09:20:40 PM
they did cut a fair amount of content, so maybe there's room for them.

I wonder how they'll introduce Bolton's bastard.
He'll take Winterfell and make Theon his bitch
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Who lives in the giant tower?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2012, 09:56:00 PM
Who lives in the giant tower?

The most popular guess seems to be it's the House of the Undying.

Martinus

I don't think they will. This show is already juggling dozens of new characters that people have hard time keeping track of. The whole Bran's escape from Winterfell was to me one of the most boring series of chapters in the books (along with anything involving Sansa) so I don't believe they devote more than 2-3 perfunctory scenes to it. Makes no sense to introduce two completely new characters just for that, especially as Osha serves the narrative purpose of "link to the Wild" just as well.