News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

There are a ton of crazy fan theories. My favorite one is that Jaime/Cersei are actually Aerys' children and Tyrion is Tywin's only child.

It certainly would play into the theme that Targaryens are either insane or brilliant. I daresay Cersei is batshit crazy while Jaime is quite a brilliant and charming cripple.

Still, there's no foundation for any of these theories and I do wonder sometimes if George RR gets lost in his writing sometimes and pops onto fan forums to pick a crazy theory he likes and runs with it.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

There's something to the Tyrion one, though I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head. Tywin had his big falling out with Aerys around the time Tyrion would have been concieved is all I can recall.
██████
██████
██████

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on April 29, 2012, 02:14:44 AM
There's something to the Tyrion one, though I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head. Tywin had his big falling out with Aerys around the time Tyrion would have been concieved is all I can recall.

[spoiler]
In Dance with Dragons, BarristerBoy the Bold alludes to some kind of cheekiness on the part of Aerys towards Tywin's wife during their wedding celebration. I wonder if there's something to that.

There is also when Tywin took his ball and went home. I think that was because Aerys refused to let Cersei marry Rhaegar.
[/spoiler]

Martinus

I think Tyrion is much more likely to be a Targ than the twins are. He is brilliant and slightly mad. Neither of the twins is either.

Plus there is something Tywin says on the crapper...

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Octavian

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2012, 10:39:27 AM
Quote from: Octavian on April 29, 2012, 02:31:24 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 28, 2012, 03:05:01 PM
Tywin Lannisters listing in Forbes' Richest 15 Fictional Characters

That list is worthless without Scrooge Mcduck

Sadly, the list does in fact contain Scrooge McDuck reference.

-_-

http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/fictional-15-12/flintheart-glomgold.html

This is one of the silliest things I've ever seen by the way.

Indeed it does but it doesn't include Scrooge himself.

Well it a list of the wealthiest fictional characters. Of course it's silly.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2012, 05:06:57 AM
I think Tyrion is much more likely to be a Targ than the twins are. He is brilliant and slightly mad. Neither of the twins is either.

Oh PLEASE! If that is true, he would have had Tyrion killed off years ago. Tyrion is in no way, shape or form slightly mad. He is probably one of the most sane people in the series.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 29, 2012, 01:20:26 PM

Oh PLEASE! If that is true, he would have had Tyrion killed off years ago. Tyrion is in no way, shape or form slightly mad. He is probably one of the most sane people in the series.
[spoiler]
Tyrion had to be somewhat mad at his father to have shot him in the groin with a crossbow.[/spoiler]

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Just finished the latest book. Sigh. The "character gets killed only he doesn't" thing got old around the 20th time. FFS Martin.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Quote from: grumbler on April 29, 2012, 03:46:57 PM

[spoiler]Tyrion had to be somewhat mad at his father to have shot him in the groin with a crossbow.[/spoiler]

LOL! grumbler has still got it. :thumbsup:

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on April 29, 2012, 03:46:57 PM

Tyrion had to be somewhat mad to...

Spoilers?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

I edited your quote grumbler. -_-

Razgovory

Quote from: Jaron on April 29, 2012, 05:47:47 PM

If only he would try to get it treated.  Or at least stop trying to spread it around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 29, 2012, 07:24:30 PM
Quote from: Jaron on April 29, 2012, 05:47:47 PM

If only he would try to get it treated.  Or at least stop trying to spread it around.
:D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point