And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

So you did, hadnt' read that far back.

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 12, 2012, 12:02:53 PM
I agree Berk.  The other reason I didnt like it, similar to what you have already said, is that in the books Tyrion is very aware that Bronn is loyal to his gold not to him.  Why would Tyrion put Bronn in a position which would lessen Bronn's need for Tyrion's gold?
I dunno. He certainly started that way but it seemed as time went on that Tyrion was beginning to believe there was a friendship forming between them....well. Maybe friendship is too strong a word. But that he believed Bronn to be his man to some extent, as well as his gold's man. That he believed Bronn knew the future was bright with him.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Anyway, it seems that Olenna only appears in the Storm of Swords, so we won't know until they do the casting for the third season (or the fourth).  :(

And the cranky old bats eligible to play her out there are not getting younger.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2012, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 16, 2012, 08:02:10 PM
We are coming up to one of the truly dark portions of the series.  I will be interested to see how dark the producers decide to go.

Sure thing, though I think they did alright with the killing of that boy.

edit: changed Sue to Sure. :blush:

Taking into account that the 1st episode already ended up with a bout of mass infanticide....

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on April 16, 2012, 08:52:26 PM
Last night's episode was definitely the best of the season thus far and gives me high hopes for the rest.  Next week is more Stannis.  :)

Next week is when the shit will hit the fan.

Here's the preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqDXB5rSyVk

Daenerys arrives at Quarth, Renly and Stannis meet, Arya arrives at Harrenhall, Davos and Melissandre under Storm's End, hopefully the beginning of the Sansa and the Hound's storyline...

Martinus

They have to kill at least one kid per episode. It's in the HBO contract.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2012, 03:45:13 AM
Taking into account that the 1st episode already ended up with a bout of mass infanticide....

Agree that the show has implied a lot of deaths, and even shown a youth being messily killed, but what is to come is lots of grotesque torture-just-for-fun, the widespread annihilation of villages and travelers, and then, of course, the fun and games in Herrenhall itself.  I just remember this as one of the bleakest story lines in the series to date.  I just wonder how much of that the producers will want to show.  My guess is: not much.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grallon

Better episode than last week.  Tirion was very well casted.  And Loras of course :licklips:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Faeelin

Quote from: grumbler on April 17, 2012, 06:31:05 AM

Agree that the show has implied a lot of deaths, and even shown a youth being messily killed, but what is to come is lots of grotesque torture-just-for-fun, the widespread annihilation of villages and travelers, and then, of course, the fun and games in Herrenhall itself.  I just remember this as one of the bleakest story lines in the series to date.  I just wonder how much of that the producers will want to show.  My guess is: not much.

I actually wonder if a lot of people will be turned off by the [spoiler] Red Wedding, sack of Winterfall, and destruction of the Starks[/spoiler].  It's not what many people are expecting.

viper37

Quote from: Faeelin on April 17, 2012, 07:49:06 AM

I actually wonder if a lot of people will be turned off by the [spoiler] Red Wedding, sack of Winterfall, and destruction of the Starks[/spoiler].  It's not what many people are expecting.

that ain't happenning this season, no?  I thought it was in the 3rd book?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: Faeelin on April 17, 2012, 07:49:06 AM

[spoiler]That's why it is probably a good idea to spell out non-Stark characters, who start the book series somewhat shallow (most notable is  Jamie). Everyone who haven't read the books must be certain that this series is mostly about the Starks. Which is, but not the way they now probably think. [/spoiler]

Martinus

I think the show actually has been making a better job than the books when it comes to not making it about the Starks, imo.

[spoiler]And sack of Winterfell is already planned for on the show - I can't see how anyone can not see that coming.[/spoiler]

Josquius

I wonder if the series will do what the books did and lead everyone to believe Bran is dead for a little while.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2012, 10:39:54 AM
I wonder if the series will do what the books did and lead everyone to believe Bran is dead for a little while.
Probably an end of episode cliffhanger.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Use spoiler tags, you gits. There's people who haven't read the books in here.

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2012, 10:52:00 AM
Use spoiler tags, you gits. There's people who haven't read the books in here.

That's why i started this, but it didn't catch on.  :(

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,7000.msg377635.html#msg377635
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011