News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

They changed Theon's sister's name to Yara because Asha sounded too much like Osha.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I pay for my package (150MBit internet, VOIP phone, 100+ channels) 70 EUR. If I opted for the additional channels from Sky it'd be 50 EUR extra if I took the lot (three packages), or 40 (2) or 27 (1).

I hardly ever watch tv these days, so I consider downsizing to just internet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on April 03, 2012, 05:55:00 AM
Why is Denmark so expensive?
Because most Danes have money enough and the market is very small. Once in a while when there's actually competition on a certain market we get prices resembling that of the rest of Europe. Right now we get fairly cheap mobile subscriptions.

When we opened up the digital aerial signals we sold the rights to a Swedish company so that they have monopoly. Smart move!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2012, 06:40:29 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 03, 2012, 05:55:00 AM
Why is Denmark so expensive?
Because most Danes have money enough and the market is very small. Once in a while when there's actually competition on a certain market we get prices resembling that of the rest of Europe. Right now we get fairly cheap mobile subscriptions.

When we opened up the digital aerial signals we sold the rights to a Swedish company so that they have monopoly. Smart move!

:yes:

Anyway you can always Tamas it!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

I'm Tamas'ing it via a server in Lund right now. :ph34r:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Actually I'm not, my broadband just borked itself. Somehow I'll manage to blame it on the former government!

Viking

I watch it with my friends on monday evenings. We make it an event. Beer, Pizza, Drinking Games, Discussion, Debate etc. In world of DVRs think it is fair to give people a day to watch it before we dive into talking about the details.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

And the ratings are good. Seasons 3 + 4 are assured. :)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118052220

Quote'Thrones' returns big for HBO
Drama hits series-best 3.9 million for first telecast Sunday
By Rick Kissell
Auds were clearly clamoring for HBO's "Game of Thrones," whose second season opened Sunday to a series-best 3.86 million viewers, according to Nielsen estimates. The previous best for a single telecast of the show was for its finale last June, which drew 3.04 million.

Additional airings on Sunday drew 1.48 million at 10 p.m. and 943,000 at 11 p.m. for a total of 6.28 million. Last year's series premiere cumed to 4.22 million for its three airings.

"Game of Thrones" also did a series-best national adults 18-49 rating of 2.0 for its return, well above the 0.9 for its series premiere and the 1.4 for its finale late last spring.

The premiere-telecast audience for "Thrones" on Sunday was considerably larger than that of other high-profile scripted cable shows on the night, including AMC's "Mad Men" (2.94 million) and "The Killing" (1.80 million for its second-season premiere) as well as Showtime's "Shameless" (1.45 million for its second-season finale).

"Thrones," a medieval fantasy series based on George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire," is shaping up to be HBO's second most popular current series, behind only "True Blood," which regularly topped 5 million regular-timeslot viewers in each of its last two seasons. Another current HBO drama, "Boardwalk Empire," wrapped its second season by drawing 3 million viewers in its initial telecast last December.

HBO moved quickly to renew "Game of Thrones" for a second season a year ago, pulling the trigger just two days after the show's premiere. Its debut early last April averaged 2.22 million viewers in its regular 9 p.m. timeslot and its two same-night repeats averaged a combined 2 million more.

The ascendance of "Game of Thrones" has to be comforting for HBO, whose horse racing drama "Luck" ended up wrapping after one season. For its nine-episode run, "Luck" averaged just 575,000 for its initial Sunday telecasts.

Next up for the pay cabler are the premieres of comedies "Girls" on April 15 and "Veep" one week later. They will air in the 10 o'clock hour, following "Thrones."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Watching episode 2 now.

Ghost is fucking enormous!

Maybe it was the angle with which Grey Wind stood in regards to Rob, but he didn't look quite that massive to me.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Direwolves are about 6ft long and weigh about 200 pounds, basically the size of a great dane. Here is a great dane, seen with Tyrion Lannister.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on April 03, 2012, 09:57:23 AM
Direwolves are about 6ft long and weigh about 200 pounds, basically the size of a great dane. Here is a great dane, seen with Tyrion Lannister.

Direwolves weren't that big in real life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_wolf#Body_mass_and_dimensions

Though of course I have no problem with them being bigger in GoT. It's just surprising/awesome to see.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

HBO GO just announced that in Eastern Europe each episode of season 2 will be released a week early. Take that you Western European/American scum.  :nelson:

Liep

TheTamasBay.org will do just fine. :yeah:

Ep2 was good, the Theon part worked just as I remember from the books and Tyrion is still ruling.

Also, I'm joining the Melisandre = HAWT crowd. (Asha and Gilly also fine.)

Solmyr

Oddly enough, no mention of Shireen when they are talking about Stannis's children. She is kinda important in book 5...

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2012, 11:19:29 AM
Oddly enough, no mention of Shireen when they are talking about Stannis's children. She is kinda important in book 5...

Pretty sure I saw her in the background of the bonfire scene, along with Stannis' wife.  I don't recall any mention of "Stannis' children," though...Stannis only has Shireen.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien