News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Siege is part of the Elders' project to convince the RotW that the stereotype of Jews as clever is mistaken.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 28, 2011, 10:20:52 AM
Siege is part of the Elders' project to convince the RotW that the stereotype of Jews as clever is mistaken.

Prefer to think of it as bravely fighting the stereotypes that have dogged the Jewish people for years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on October 28, 2011, 01:39:56 AM
Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2011, 12:58:13 AM

Show me ONE (1) woman that ain't white and is hot.

To take Siegy's point a bit more seriously than the rest of you do and at least operate within the paradigm where if you give a neanderthal a shave, a change of clothes and a bowler hat you wouldn't find him out of place on the london underground. Beyoncé, Halle Berry and Jessica Alba in a sense "white". The only thing really that makes them non-white is genetics. They don't have the features which would suggest heredity other than what usually would be considered white. They got their noses and lips fixed to conform.

So to rephrase Siegy's question in a manner more relevant to us all.

Show me ONE (1) woman that deviates from the occidental standard of beauty and is hot.

That picture of Beyoncé has her straightening her hair, softening the colour of her face, reddening her lips and emphasizing the contrast effect of her eyes.

She looks like she could be a white girl who has a non-petite nose and a really good tan.

If there was a backroom and if a certain person had posted pictures of asian women in that back room then if one wished to see examples of beautiful non "white" women one need only view that non existent thread.

The Minsky Moment

if you give a neanderthal a shave, a change of clothes and a bowler hat you wouldn't find him out of place on the london underground.

Stop picking on Slargos.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 28, 2011, 12:34:34 PM
if you give a neanderthal a shave, a change of clothes and a bowler hat you wouldn't find him out of place on the london underground.

Stop picking on Slargos.

Don't pick on Slargos yourself, he waxes you know...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on October 28, 2011, 02:42:57 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 28, 2011, 12:34:34 PM

Stop picking on Slargos.

Don't pick on Slargos yourself, he waxes you know...

And yet he always find himself out of place despite those efforts.  Not even a bowler can help him.  Poor Slargos.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Thread necromancy...

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/11/rumor-hbo-to-order-two-more-seasons-film-them-back-to-back/

QuoteRumor: HBO to order two more seasons, film them back-to-back
By Winter Is Coming on November 29, 2011
Filed Under: Rumors

A Storm of Swords US paperbackWe reported on this in another post, but the rumors continue to swirl and so we thought it deserved its own post. We are now hearing from multiple sources that HBO plans to order both seasons three and four and film them back-to-back (à la Lord of the Rings). It has already been confirmed that A Storm of Swords would be covered in more than one season. From what we have heard, much of the film crew in Northern Ireland has been told of this plan and has been advised to expect nine months of filming next year.

Winter Is Coming: I have no doubt that this is an option that HBO is exploring, perhaps even leaning towards, but I don't think it is a done deal just yet. HBO likely won't announce anything official until season two begins, so they could change their minds before then.

It does make sense though, to do it this way, as they've already said they will be splitting book three into multiple seasons. This way they get the whole of the book filmed in one go, saving on production costs and keeping the kids from aging in between seasons.

This makes sense and it seems that Martin seems to have presented HBO with a good physical checkup and claimed his inability to write fast enough..... This will probably save HBO some money.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Yeah, sounds good, just hope it doesn't mean much longer a wait
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

If they go through with that plan, I doubt they'd delay.  I suspect the point is to actually keep the time-table (one season a year, starting in the springtime every year).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on December 04, 2011, 08:10:49 PM
If they go through with that plan, I doubt they'd delay.  I suspect the point is to actually keep the time-table (one season a year, starting in the springtime every year).

I think one of the issues might be having to get it done before Maisie Williams becomes legitimately pervable.

Razgovory

If they go to fast they'll out run Martin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alcibiades

It would be hard not to out-run him considering it takes him like 5 years per book.  Might light a fire under his ass.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain