Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Barrister on October 27, 2011, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2011, 08:41:03 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 27, 2011, 08:30:41 PM
Neither is he.  :huh:

So?
I was refuting Gups claim that she was seriously hot.

Who the fuck ever said that only white people were hot?

Ha, the jews in Hollywood have brainwashed you and stolen your soul.

Hollywood have been working for a long time to pair up white women with black dudes, black dudes with latinas, latinas with white men, white men with asian girls, etc.
An

And they make white women skinny so they are not fertile.

Hollywood brainwashed me!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 27, 2011, 09:05:06 PM
Could the dude be any more Caucasian? If he was in a police lineup and labeled Mr. Smith you'd never know the difference.

He doesn't look Nordic or Celtic. "Mr. Smith" is presumably of British extraction and would have slightly less melanin, different facial features, etc.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2011, 12:36:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 27, 2011, 09:05:06 PM
Could the dude be any more Caucasian? If he was in a police lineup and labeled Mr. Smith you'd never know the difference.

He doesn't look Nordic or Celtic. "Mr. Smith" is presumably of British extraction and would have slightly less melanin, different facial features, etc.

So, only blond faggots are white now, it seems.

Siege

Quote from: Barrister on October 27, 2011, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2011, 08:41:03 PM

So?
I was refuting Gups claim that she was seriously hot.

Who the fuck ever said that only white people were hot?

Show me ONE (1) woman that ain't white and is hot.

Eddie Teach

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on October 26, 2011, 10:37:13 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 26, 2011, 10:24:28 AM
I think it achieves pretty much exactly what it was meant to be in fact. They are not going for Shakespeare.

I guess I don't think describing it as trashy is necessarily a huge negative. It can be both trashy and damn good, even trashy and sophisticated.

You cannot really argue though that a TV show that includes whores flashing their crotch at people, lesbian sex scenes, a couple instances of incest, and plenty of over the top violence is not trashy though.
I suppose if we simply re-define the concept "trashy" then GoT is trashy.  But so is every other series you named, because they appealed to emotion like GoT does.  They are less trashy than GoT by that measure, but still trashy.

Or, maybe, we should reject the concept of "trashy" as a valid measure of TV show quality and recognize that it is simply the label that a snob applied to work not like his own.  I think accepting Rushdie's labeling system adds nothing to the debate.  He is a smart guy but not very introspective, and certainly not a man who can complain about the fiction work of others; he wrote some very good philosophically-inclined  works, but he doesn't understand character or plot and I find the idea of him writing for TV or movies to be questionable, at best.

Is GoT deliberately over the top in places?  Sure.  Does that make it bad TV?  No, it makes it good TV, because TV is about showing and not telling, and GoT doesn't hold back when it comes to showing.  I think I enjoyed the show even more than the book, and I enjoyed the book a lot.

once in a while i find myself agreeing with grumbler.  :hmm:

Viking

Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2011, 12:58:13 AM

Show me ONE (1) woman that ain't white and is hot.

To take Siegy's point a bit more seriously than the rest of you do and at least operate within the paradigm where if you give a neanderthal a shave, a change of clothes and a bowler hat you wouldn't find him out of place on the london underground. Beyoncé, Halle Berry and Jessica Alba in a sense "white". The only thing really that makes them non-white is genetics. They don't have the features which would suggest heredity other than what usually would be considered white. They got their noses and lips fixed to conform.

So to rephrase Siegy's question in a manner more relevant to us all.

Show me ONE (1) woman that deviates from the occidental standard of beauty and is hot.

That picture of Beyoncé has her straightening her hair, softening the colour of her face, reddening her lips and emphasizing the contrast effect of her eyes.

She looks like she could be a white girl who has a non-petite nose and a really good tan.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

White women also straighten their hair and wear makeup, so what.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2011, 02:21:57 AM
White women also straighten their hair and wear makeup, so what.

yes, emphasizing health indicators visible on (reall hate the word "white" here for all the connotations it has, but I'll use it because a caucasian is a georgian, armenia, azeri, chechen etc.) white skin. White women are trying to look more ideal white in the sense that they are emphasizing indicators of health in white women (straight lustrous hair, full lips, bright lifelike eyes and healthy looking skin). Black or Yellow women can have the same health status as a white woman but their health indicators are different. The point Siegy (apparently involuntarily) is trying to make is that the indicators of health and thus tokens of beauty in white women are being adopted by non-white women and the standard which we rate beauty (and thus reproductive health based on superficial factors) is a white one rather than a black, yellow or brown one.

I'm not claiming this in an absolute, I'm saying this is a trend in certain societies and groups. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Thnak you for xpressing what me was tryung to says.

Josquius

Certainly true in Asians (both of the Caucasian and Oriental variety). Black people though....I dunno, there are certainly some but there is a lot of appreciation out there for proper 'black beauties' (not the horse), lots of people seem to love the big arses and full lips and all that sort of thing.
Given our society is a predominantly white one though we just see the white ideal more often.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Really a personal thing I reckon.  I find Middle Eastern chicks attractive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 04:20:12 AM
Really a personal thing I reckon.  I find Middle Eastern chicks attractive.
Me too, lots of them however don't find themselves attractive, a lot of going blonde and trying to look white.
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

White is beautiful. There is simply no arguing this axiom. Cringe and whinge your way clear if you must, but the truth is irrefutable.

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on October 28, 2011, 07:19:45 AM
White is beautiful. There is simply no arguing this axiom. Cringe and whinge your way clear if you must, but the truth is irrefutable.
Disagree.  Pasty may be what you prefer, but I like some color.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!