News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2011, 08:05:16 AM
Wait, homelier = 1?  Guess I misunderstanding the meaning of the term. I think she's pretty cute & she has a girl next door look. Which is what I thought homely look meant.

Homely, for a person, means ugly.  I think it originally was a compliment like how unpretentious she is as opposed to the vain women who paint their faces and wear scandulous clothes but puritan chic is just not what it once was.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on July 08, 2011, 07:25:20 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2011, 07:17:30 AM
Tell GRRM to stop naming everyone with the same sounding names.
:huh: GRRM's writing has many faults, but similar-sounding character names are not one of them.
Yeah, I quite liked the multiple Roberts actually, fit in well with the medievalesque setting.
And he doesn't do it anywhere near as much as history...
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2011, 08:48:54 AM
:huh: GRRM's writing has many faults, but similar-sounding character names are not one of them.
Yeah, I quite liked the multiple Roberts actually, fit in well with the medievalesque setting.

Almost as fun as all the Walders, Waldrens and Waldas.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2011, 11:27:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2011, 11:26:09 AM
So, is ADWD out yet?

July 12th.

Alright. 4 days to go untill I spoil the hell out of you guys.  :bowler:

:P
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Quote from: Viking on July 08, 2011, 08:49:58 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2011, 08:48:54 AM

Almost as fun as all the Walders, Waldrens and Waldas.
God forbid they make a miniseries about the Scottish border during Elizabeth's reign....
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on July 08, 2011, 02:41:23 PM
God forbid they make a miniseries about the Scottish border during Elizabeth's reign....
The book has been written.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

edited: to aid Berkut's flow of the thread.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Berkut

Wow, we can't get anything past him, can we?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

Apologies, I missed the posts where it was mentioned.  I didn't realize that many posts had been added since I last saw the thread.  I saw only the few before mine discussing other topics.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

Quote from: Scipio on July 08, 2011, 02:41:23 PM

That could be pretty great actually......
A low down affair, not about the great people of the era but about a Reaver clan.
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 08, 2011, 03:23:34 PM
Apologies, I missed the posts where it was mentioned.  I didn't realize that many posts had been added since I last saw the thread.  I saw only the few before mine discussing other topics.

Are you a retard?
Stop wasting my fucking time!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on July 08, 2011, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 08, 2011, 03:23:34 PM

Are you a retard?
Stop wasting my fucking time!

Says the guy who can't be bothered to look up something he forgot.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien