And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 12:00:30 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 28, 2011, 11:56:38 AM
Apparently Amazon.de messed up its orders and has sent a batch of books already. Oh, German efficiency, what happened to you?  :lol:

Yep a bunch of Germans have the book already.  Look for a scanned copy being distributed at a file sharing site near you.

A rundown of the POVs is now available, with some really intriguing descriptions...  :ph34r:

If anyone wants to check them, they're here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/bdi30b

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on June 28, 2011, 12:41:09 PM
A rundown of the POVs is now available, with some really intriguing descriptions...  :ph34r:

If anyone wants to check them, they're here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/bdi30b

Holy shit that is fucking awesome.  I totally did not see a few of those coming.

Damn it come on July 12th.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Jon Connington lives? He'd be the guy who knew what happened at the TOJ.

My conspiracy mongering had him dressing up as Rhaegar and dying in his place at the Trident.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Yeah I did not want to mention any of them by name.  I think though that is not the same guy but rather his son.  The POV of the epilogue was particularly shocking.  The fall of House /////?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

What's with all the name-changing by the Greyjoys?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 28, 2011, 12:53:33 PM
What's with all the name-changing by the Greyjoys?  :huh:

He did it in AFFC also.  I kind of like it.

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 12:48:06 PM
The POV of the epilogue was particularly shocking.

Why is it all that shocking?  There's no guarantee that the epilogue character bites it, though I would be immensely surprised if they did.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

So we're speaking spoilers for a book nobody has read yet?
Better avoid this thread from now on
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 01:37:35 PM

I'm deliberately keeping vague about it, myself.  You won't see me posting any names, unlike Viking.   :rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 01:39:21 PM

I'm deliberately keeping vague about it, myself.  You won't see me posting any names, unlike Viking.   :rolleyes:

So spoiling the TV show was ok but the book is off limit?

I'll transcript the damn thing here.*

*Not really, I'm lazy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 01:31:54 PM

Why is it all that shocking?  There's no guarantee that the epilogue character bites it, though I would be immensely surprised if they did.

Oh yes there is.

Valmy

No just Viking.

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 01:44:07 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 01:39:21 PM

So spoiling the TV show was ok but the book is off limit?

The book's been out for 15 years.  Snape kills Dumbledore.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 01:51:07 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 01:31:54 PM

Oh yes there is.

Link?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 01:53:08 PM
Link?

No link just tradition and my opinion.  That POV is going down.