News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2011, 05:26:29 AM
There's a very interesting interview at "Winter is Coming" with the people from the FX company that worked on the first season (link here: http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/Interview_with_VFX_Producer_Lucy_Ainsworth-Taylor/). Apparently they won't be coming for the second season because the technical needs will be overwhelming for them, citing specifically CG fur, fire and water.

They could still do some work in a secondary capacity if I read that interview right.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2011, 06:34:27 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2011, 05:26:29 AM
There's a very interesting interview at "Winter is Coming" with the people from the FX company that worked on the first season (link here: http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/Interview_with_VFX_Producer_Lucy_Ainsworth-Taylor/). Apparently they won't be coming for the second season because the technical needs will be overwhelming for them, citing specifically CG fur, fire and water.

They could still do some work in a secondary capacity if I read that interview right.

Yup, but I'd guess that it'll depend on the new main FX providers.

Siege

This is how the Twins should have looked like in the show:

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Don't remember that place from Meet The Twins.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Seems awfully 2D for a TV show.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

Siege

Compare the two castle designs and tell me which one did you visualize while reading the books:

Siege

I certainly expected the twins to be no more than bowshot away from each other, with the smaller river tower in the center.
And to be full castles with stables, barracks, training yards, archer ranges, the whole nine yards.

Valmy

I thought it was like the lower ones.  I thought it was literally twin towers with a bridge between them like Frey Heraldry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Second.

But granted, the first certainly makes more sense.

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on June 27, 2011, 02:17:00 PM
I certainly expected the twins to be no more than bowshot away from each other, with the smaller river tower in the center.
And to be full castles with stables, barracks, training yards, archer ranges, the whole nine yards.

Well apparently you were wrong. No biggie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Yeah, wasn't there meant to be a middle castle? :hmm:
Them being far apart from each other makes sense though, if they were near to each other then crossings wouldn't be so rare.

With the Twins I'm concerned about how small they were, that room with Catelyn met Fray....it was tiny. And thats supposed to be his hall where the red wedding will be.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Apparently Amazon.de messed up its orders and has sent a batch of books already. Oh, German efficiency, what happened to you?  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on June 28, 2011, 11:56:38 AM
Apparently Amazon.de messed up its orders and has sent a batch of books already. Oh, German efficiency, what happened to you?  :lol:

Yep a bunch of Germans have the book already.  Look for a scanned copy being distributed at a file sharing site near you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Every set so far was small for you guys. Maybe you should rethink how you picture the sets in your mind because apparently the writer disagrees with you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.