News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I love the smell of tardfight in the morning!  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2011, 10:36:21 AM
I love the smell of tardfight in the morning!  :cool:

Is that why you're always so beliggerent in the mornings?

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on June 25, 2011, 03:49:16 AM
The Left is retarded and should be ridiculed at every opportunity.
Since when?
I mean, obviously not always, since the modern right was the left not too long ago.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 25, 2011, 11:00:55 AM
Since when?
I mean, obviously not always, since the modern right was the left not too long ago.

Ok, now even I have left the track

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 25, 2011, 11:00:55 AM
Since when?

Does it matter?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

Despite having followed this thread.. I do believe I'm going to tackle these books after my vacation. :p
:p

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 25, 2011, 06:02:27 PM
Despite having followed this thread.. I do believe I'm going to tackle these books after my vacation. :p

Another convert...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I love it when other readers say stupid shit :

QuoteAs for Renly,I really do not get all these gay jibes as there is nothing to prove that he was attracted to guys in the first place I think if GRRM meant for Renly to be gay he would have described him as such in no uncertain terms.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Shouldn't there be a palace and cathedral dominating the other buildings? That town looks like suburbs with Mediterranean decor.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Easy enough to CG in, the walls look a bit...19th century though.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

There's a very interesting interview at "Winter is Coming" with the people from the FX company that worked on the first season (link here: http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/Interview_with_VFX_Producer_Lucy_Ainsworth-Taylor/). Apparently they won't be coming for the second season because the technical needs will be overwhelming for them, citing specifically CG fur, fire and water.

QuoteQ: Will BlueBolt be the lead VFX vendor in the second season? If so, has any preparatory work already started given that cameras are due to roll in late July?

A: Sadly not.  As BlueBolt is a small new VFX house, tackling CG creatures with fur, plus CG fire and water would be too much of a stretch. Although we have all done this many times as individuals at previous companies, BlueBolt's pipeline and development would struggle to do this in the short amount of time needed for the second series.

So, grown up direwolves and big-ass battles are to be expected, I guess.  :mmm:

The pics on the interview reproducing the scenes with and without FX are also quite cool:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Graphics/Gallery/Various/GameOfThrones_VFX_03.jpg

Josquius

██████
██████
██████