Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2011, 04:51:02 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2011, 04:46:02 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2011, 04:44:48 PM
I didn't see the Tullys bending the knee to Robb.

Tell me, which Tully was there that had the authority to do so?

Exactly. Where the fuck was Edmore and the Blackfish. They were there in the book.
And Catelyns father.

Yep no Tully's in the series....so far.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/game-of-thrones-casting/
HBO's Game of Thrones has made its first casting hire for season 2:

Natalie Dormer, who memorably played the seductive and doomed Anne Boleyn on Showtime's The Tudors, has been added to the fantasy drama's regular cast.

Dormer will play Margaery Tyrell, a (minor spoiler alert) beautiful and shrewd young woman from the influential House Tyrell. She's pledged to marry the late King Robert's brother, Renly Baratheon, as part of House Tyrell's support for his bid to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Berkut

The picure attached to the article is terrible.

I thought she was adorable in the Tudors.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

eww, it is indeed, she looks disabled.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Berkut on June 23, 2011, 02:29:14 PM
The picure attached to the article is terrible.

I thought she was adorable in the Tudors.

Agreed on both. Glad she's in it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Yeah, she's actually quite hot. :)

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sahib

Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sahib on June 23, 2011, 02:57:00 PM

Blame Martin, he's the Pedobear. Producers don't have that leeway ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

I think she will be perfect as Margaery.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2011, 04:08:43 PM

You're just jealous... first she gets to fuck jonathan rhys meyers then get gets to fuck gethin anthony and gets to hang out with finn jones.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on June 23, 2011, 04:25:38 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2011, 04:08:43 PM

You're just jealous... first she gets to fuck jonathan rhys meyers then get gets to fuck gethin anthony and gets to hang out with finn jones.

I don't understand - what about my post makes me look jealous? I think she fits the role - I wasn't critical or sarcastic.

Besides, it's not like Jonathan Rhys Meyers hasn't fucked guys on screen before.

Martinus

Incidentally, I wonder if anyone has written a critique of SOIAF as an example of "leftist fantasy". If it was a typical (read: more conservative) fantasy, then Ned and Robb would be the heroes - instead they are casualties.

The real heroes, in my view - Daenerys, Jon and Tyrion (with a possible secondary "child" cast of Bran and Arya) are outcasts - an exile (and a woman), a bastard and a cripple. If you want to know who has plot immunity in Martin's books, don't look out for princes, knights and lordlings - they never live. Instead, look out for the "broken things".

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2011, 04:51:02 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2011, 04:46:02 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2011, 04:44:48 PM
I didn't see the Tullys bending the knee to Robb.

Tell me, which Tully was there that had the authority to do so?

Exactly. Where the fuck was Edmore and the Blackfish. They were there in the book.
And Catelyns father.

So, basically, no matter how many times you're told why they were left out, you still want to bitch about it.  Got it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Faeelin

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2011, 05:36:21 PM
The real heroes, in my view - Daenerys, Jon and Tyrion (with a possible secondary "child" cast of Bran and Arya) are outcasts - an exile (and a woman), a bastard and a cripple. If you want to know who has plot immunity in Martin's books, don't look out for princes, knights and lordlings - they never live. Instead, look out for the "broken things".

Tyrion lost a nose, Daenerys is barren... And fundamentally Danerys is no different than Cersei.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2011, 05:36:21 PM
Incidentally, I wonder if anyone has written a critique of SOIAF as an example of "leftist fantasy". If it was a typical (read: more conservative) fantasy, then Ned and Robb would be the heroes - instead they are casualties.

Ned and Robb were heroes, heroes don't always win though.

Jon is a pretty traditional hero, the secret true heir is often a bastard.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point