News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2011, 07:53:10 PM
The books become much more battle and supernatural as they go on though.

Not really.  With the exception of Tyrion's spats as a short God of War almost all the battles take place off screen so to speak.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2011, 08:25:31 AM
:glare:
+1

I have no idea why people who feel compelled to share cartoons always share extraordinarily lame ones.  I think it is a genetic defect.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Shit. I finally got around to it and watching it right now. This is the best fucking episode so far, in my opinion. Each scene fucking nails it. Sansa with the heads on spikes. "The King in the North". etc. I'm tearing up constantly, it's so epic. Can't wait for the dragons.

Martinus

And now Tywin vs. Tyrion. Another awesome scene.

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on June 22, 2011, 02:12:25 PM
Shit. I finally got around to it and watching it right now. This is the best fucking episode so far, in my opinion. Each scene fucking nails it. Sansa with the heads on spikes. "The King in the North". etc. I'm tearing up constantly, it's so epic. Can't wait for the dragons.

Spellus?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

I just teared up twice again: the oath scene with Jon and the pillow scene with Khal Drogo and Danny.

Maybe I'm just in a tearing up mood but this episode rocks.

Slargos

They played the right tune, for sure. It was a very emotionally loaded episode.

Martinus

I also love how the show really opens more plot lines than it resolves. It's like the Battlestar Galactica miniseries - you have this sense that this story is only just beginning - and because you watched all the 10 episodes, you are emotionally invested in these characters.

I guess it was a risky technique but that fucking worked. Now if only the fatman does not die before the books are filmed.

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on June 22, 2011, 02:12:25 PM

The pikes were facing the wrong way.
The King in The North scene was chopped way down.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

I didn't see the Tullys bending the knee to Robb.

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2011, 04:44:48 PM

Tell me, which Tully was there that had the authority to do so?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2011, 04:46:02 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2011, 04:44:48 PM

Tell me, which Tully was there that had the authority to do so?

Exactly. Where the fuck was Edmore and the Blackfish. They were there in the book.
And Catelyns father.

Josquius

They were moved to the second book. The producers felt it would be better to have the entire Catyln's dying dad story in the second series.

I do wonder how they'll have the Blackfish suddenly show up though.
██████
██████
██████