News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Excellent way to end the season.  I was hoping for a Renly-Loras scene as he took the crown but I guess they would have to do Highgarden and cast the other Tyrells for just one scene.

They hit all the points and even got a Lancel-Cersei scene in there.

The part where Pycelle clearly pretends to be old and feeble and senile and then clearly shows he is not when he is alone...it is all an act?  Interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2011, 10:30:45 PM
Excellent way to end the season.  I was hoping for a Renly-Loras scene as he took the crown but I guess they would have to do Highgarden and cast the other Tyrells for just one scene.

They hit all the points and even got a Lancel-Cersei scene in there.

The part where Pycelle clearly pretends to be old and feeble and senile and then clearly shows he is not when he is alone...it is all an act?  Interesting.
I don't think he's pretending to be old. ;)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2011, 08:58:47 PM
What a great fucking end to the season. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

You said it.

Slargos

And don't tell me, Mart.. you're "Timmian3" on the IMDB forums?  :hmm:

Martinus

I havent seen the episode yet but from the reviews/recaps I take it they "nailed" the dragons' birth scene.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 19, 2011, 11:15:32 PM
I don't think he's pretending to be old. ;)

Old to the point it affects his abilities anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

As seen in youtube comments somewhere.  :lol:

QuotePeople complaining about a 1 year wait? Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on June 20, 2011, 07:50:59 AM
As seen in youtube comments somewhere.  :lol:

QuotePeople complaining about a 1 year wait? Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out.
Brilliant! :lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 20, 2011, 07:45:54 AM
I havent seen the episode yet but from the reviews/recaps I take it they "nailed" the dragons' birth scene.

It was great I only had one minor quibble with the scene: Dany's hair does not get singed off.  But I guess asking the actress to shave her head for one scene was too much to ask.

The Larch

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2011, 07:52:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 20, 2011, 07:45:54 AM

It was great I only had one minor quibble with the scene: Dany's hair does not get singed off.  But I guess asking the actress to shave her head for one scene was too much to ask.

You'd basically have to shave her eyebrows and eyelashes as well. I don't think it's an unreasonable change.  :D

Berkut

And besides, if she is of the dragon, and the flame cannot harm her, why could it harm her hair anyway?

That actually struck me as kind of weird in the book. She is immune to fire, but her hair isn't? What about her toenails? Are they immune, or not immune?

Kind of silly of course.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 20, 2011, 08:18:21 AM
And besides, if she is of the dragon, and the flame cannot harm her, why could it harm her hair anyway?

That actually struck me as kind of weird in the book. She is immune to fire, but her hair isn't? What about her toenails? Are they immune, or not immune?

Kind of silly of course.
Yes, those are the kinds of questions that spring to mind when you aren't taking care to avoid silly thinking.  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on June 20, 2011, 08:18:21 AM

Kind of silly of course.

I just thought it was more dramatic that way I wasn't thinking of the science involved :P

But it was just a minor thing.  No biggie.