And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on June 13, 2011, 10:18:45 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2011, 10:01:23 AM
I knew that Neddy was going to die & now that it's done I wonder who will carry the show. It seems this will fall on Peter Dinklage or this show will die after 2 seasons.
The Imp for King!  Damn it, I love this little guy! :)
He could have been Robert's son, in a way :P

LOL, that really is a great point. Tempermenatlly he is very much like Robert, the difference being that Robert was always a hero, while Tyrion is always a "monster", and hence Robert became a unthinking sop, while Tyrion has no luxury of not staying sharp.

Maybe THAT is why Tywin hates him and Robert so much! Hmmm....I guess he down have the Lannister golden hair, so probably not Roberts child...:P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on June 13, 2011, 10:06:36 AM
For the record, while I think Sean Bean was pretty well cast and I enjoyed his performance, the character of Ned (both in the books and as delivered on screen) is pretty bland and definitely not the "main lead" for the show, imo. He may have been positioned by the author to be in the centre of attention for a while, but I wouldn't call him someone who "carried" the story.
I haven't read enough of the book to know that, but in the show's marketing, clearly, we were led to believe Sean Bean had a major role in the show, with all these images showing him sitting on the throne or elsewhere, sword in hand.

This might have pissed off people who followed the show only for Sean Bean, the same people who watched Transformers only for Megan Fox.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Transformers would have been a much better movie if Megan Fox had her head cut off at some point though.

That would be fucking awesome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

They should have cut all the human's heads off in Transformers.  The freaking human characters were always the biggest drag.  I want to see giant robots not puny humans is that too much to ask?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Had Megan Fox blown Starscream then the movie would have been worth watching.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

The only thing that could've improved the Transformers movies would've been if Megan Fox personally came to my place and gave me a blow job WHILE WATCHING IT.

Viking

Quote from: Slargos on June 13, 2011, 10:32:44 AM
The only thing that could've improved the Transformers movies would've been if Megan Fox personally came to my place and gave me a blow job INSTEAD OF WATCHING IT.

Fixed Ur Post for U.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

I think that getting a blow job by any girl will make Transformers a much better movie. Or Any movie.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2011, 10:14:48 AM
It's going to be weird to start liking Jaime.

Don't know if you will start liking him exactly.  Its not like all the things in the first book were just a dream sequence.  But his character should become more complex if the screenplay follows the books.

The Larch

Quote"Ned Stark changes everything. Sean Bean's remarkable performance last night made me understand what true honor is. Therefore, effective today I will resign my seat as Representative of New York's 9th Congressional District to take the black and join my Brothers at the northern Wall, where we will guard America against the evil of Canada's White Walkers. Thank you, and may the Gods bless America."
—    Rep. Anthony Weiner announces his resignation and plan to join the Night's Watch, June 13 2011

:lmfao:

Martinus

Oh btw, the Great Bear Mormont - another case of excellent casting.

Josquius

Well....that was dissapointing.

• Agreed that Shae seems too old.
  • No battle? WTF? Tyrion knocked out at the start- eh....right. Isn't it supposed to be a big plot point that he gains a bit of favour with his dad via 'capturing' a enemy lord? And not showing the battle in the wood at all.... I mean no fighting whatsoever! Gah! Should have at least had bits of some battles. I mean, Sharpe managed it, hardly gonna blow the budget.
  • A book point really but...why on Earth doesn't Ned shout 'I take it back, I lied. Stannis is the king.' or the like there at the end?
  • The scale really is underwhelming in a lot of places. The execution was rather good (though where was the great sept?) and crowded but otherwise...meh. How expensive is doubling crowds? Its been done for years. Even sets are underwhelming -outside Twins...awesome! Inside Twins...how are they going to work the Red Wedding in that little place?
  • I notice they don't actually show Ned's head being cut off. Just the sword coming down...Sure, it was undoubtedly Ned, that conspiracy theory is gone. Nonetheless....Ned aint dead nuts rejoice!
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tyr on June 13, 2011, 04:04:00 PM
  • A book point really but...why on Earth doesn't Ned shout 'I take it back, I lied. Stannis is the king.' or the like there at the end?
Ned doesn't take it back because he only "confessed" to save his daughters.  To recant after the change to his fate would serve even less of a purpose.  Now he would be a liar, an oath breaker, a traitor, and his daughters would be dead as well probably.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 13, 2011, 04:04:00 PM
Well....that was dissapointing.
  • No battle? WTF? I mean no fighting whatsoever! Gah! Should have at least had bits of some battles. I mean, Sharpe managed it, hardly gonna blow the budget.
They didn't really show the battle in the books either.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point