Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on June 02, 2011, 05:17:35 PM
Event 1: sex with Petyr

Event 2: murdered by Petyr

10 years have past between event 1 and 2.
So the events described by Solmyr as "Yes, but IIRC he was delirious from his wound or something and thought it was Cat. And when Lysa told him it was her, he tossed her out the window" took ten years to unfold?  I guess that makes sense in a way, but the sentence certainly doesn't sound like a description of a ten-year story arc!  :lol:

I had been confused about the "threw her out the window" bit myself, not having remembered that.  I should probably have realized that "window" was just a glib way of saying "hatch in the floor."  "He defenestrated her when he discovered he had deflowered her" would have been even more glib.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

Game of Thrones. It's serious bidness.

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on June 02, 2011, 05:34:58 PM

So the events described by Solmyr as "Yes, but IIRC he was delirious from his wound or something and thought it was Cat. And when Lysa told him it was her, he tossed her out the window" took ten years to unfold?  I guess that makes sense in a way, but the sentence certainly doesn't sound like a description of a ten-year story arc!  :lol:

I had been confused about the "threw her out the window" bit myself, not having remembered that.  I should probably have realized that "window" was just a glib way of saying "hatch in the floor."  "He defenestrated her when he discovered he had deflowered her" would have been even more glib.

Yes, we know already you get confused every time someone makes a statement that in any way relies on context, uses an association or an analogy, or assumes some form of interpretation skill or knowledge on the part of the reader.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 02:45:49 AM

Yes, we know already you get confused every time someone makes a statement that in any way relies on context, uses an association or an analogy, or assumes some form of interpretation skill or knowledge on the part of the reader.

Solmyr

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 02:45:49 AM

I am just going to quote this for archival purposes, so you cannot delete your post and claim you never made it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Nothing to see here. Move along :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on June 03, 2011, 01:25:59 PM
Somewhere on the internet there's a website that caters to a combination of both your faux loves :contract:
My post was inappropriate, I realized when looking at it again, and I deleted it.  Could you edit out my post from your post?

Bayraktar!

Slargos

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on June 03, 2011, 01:29:18 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 03, 2011, 01:25:59 PM
Somewhere on the internet there's a website that caters to a combination of both your faux loves :contract:
My post was inappropriate, I realized when looking at it again, and I deleted it.  Could you edit out my post from your post?
Done :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 03, 2011, 02:17:21 PM
WTF

You would be really livid if you saw the things Marty posted about you and deleted.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2011, 02:20:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 03, 2011, 02:17:21 PM
WTF

You would be really livid if you saw the things Marty posted about you and deleted.

My cock is normal-sized. :mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

I just saw the last episode.
They are really, really, missing the scale of the action.
The sizes of armies and encampments are far off.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"