And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on June 01, 2011, 05:16:14 PM
And Littlefinger saving himself for Cat?...that one is new to me. Thought it was canon he had knocked Lysa up.

Yes, but IIRC he was delirious from his wound or something and thought it was Cat. And when Lysa told him it was her, he tossed her out the window.

Josquius

Can't remember the throwing out of the window bit, thought she had a conventional abortion.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2011, 05:35:31 PM
If there's a dude on the screen it's not a lesbian scene.
He's not taking part in the sex though, that was solidly girl on girl.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Is anyone else annoyed at how clueless Tyr is? Just wondering if it's just me.

Martinus

So, the Sunday's episode is gonna be the one written by GRRM. Will we have more rape and lemon cakes?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on June 02, 2011, 01:25:15 AM

That's like getting annoyed at Tim being excitable or Grumbler being argumentative. Or you being shrill.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on June 02, 2011, 01:31:52 AM
So, the Sunday's episode is gonna be the one written by GRRM. Will we have more rape and lemon cakes?
The Hound was definitely eying Sansa in the preview. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

If you disagree with something say it. Don't just throw around insults.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on June 02, 2011, 06:51:21 AM
If you disagree with something say it. Don't just throw around insults.

It's not that I disagree. It's just that your comment about Lysa having an abortion in response to someone else's post about Littlefinger pushing her out of the window made me go "Oh dear".

Sahib

Quote from: Tyr on June 01, 2011, 05:23:09 PM
All it really shows is that Tywin is a guy who enjoys a bit of butchering. Which I guess fits into the Lannisters as the Jews of Westeros thing, too cheap to even shell out for a butcher. hmm....adding in Tywin's commoness are the Lannisters: Yorkshire?
:huh:
Lannisters are pretty much the opposite of "cheap"
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Josquius

QuoteIt's not that I disagree. It's just that your comment about Lysa having an abortion in response to someone else's post about Littlefinger pushing her out of the window made me go "Oh dear".
Surprising she would need the abortion if she's been tossed out of a window.

Quote from: Sahib on June 02, 2011, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 01, 2011, 05:23:09 PM
All it really shows is that Tywin is a guy who enjoys a bit of butchering. Which I guess fits into the Lannisters as the Jews of Westeros thing, too cheap to even shell out for a butcher. hmm....adding in Tywin's commoness are the Lannisters: Yorkshire?
:huh:
Lannisters are pretty much the opposite of "cheap"

I recall that Tywin's dad wasn't, he was pretty free spending with his money and really damaged the Lannister's standing and wealth. Tywin though always struck me as somewhat scroogy.  Very good with his money.
In the books he never really comes across as a Yorkshireman-done-good (that I can remember anyway, I recall no real reference to his spending habits other than he isn't very generous) but its an explanation for the butchering. Not an entirely serious one either, maybe he just plain likes doing it.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

As I said: Ugh.

Hint: There are about 10 years between both events.  :rolleyes:

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on June 02, 2011, 05:11:06 PM
As I said: Ugh.

Hint: There are about 10 years between both events.  :rolleyes:

So he did it with her twice? That's new to me. I thought he just did it once which led to her having to get an abortion which led to the fuss with Jon Aryn getting her spoiled, her being unable to concieve, etc...
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

Event 1: sex with Petyr

Event 2: murdered by Petyr

10 years have past between event 1 and 2.

Josquius

Quote from: Zoupa on June 02, 2011, 05:17:35 PM
Event 1: sex with Petyr

Event 2: murdered by Petyr

10 years1 have past between event 1 and 2.
We're not on about the events of the novels, we're on about the backstory when Littlefinger was a kid at Riverrun.
He had sex with Lysa, she had to have an abortion, her dad went on about how she was lucky Jon Aryn would even take her but he needed an alliance with the Tullys and figured if she could get pregnant once then she had proven potential to get pregnant again. The abortion messed her up though and made it difficult for her to concieve.
Littlefinger said in the lesbian scene he was saving himself for Cat- but we know that's not true, he has already done it with Lysa. Lysa being thrown out of a window is something I cannot recall and if it happened how come she needed an abortion- though thinking about it logically if he did it right away after the act then there was hardly time for her pregnancy to get started so...makes sense. Quite a major thing for me to forget though.
██████
██████
██████