News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

I simply assumed they were out on a hunt. Weren't they in a tent in that scene, rather than a building?

Eddie Teach

Perhaps Tywin enjoys the act of preparing the deer? Especially if it's one he killed himself. Even the most pragmatic lords will have their own idiosyncracies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2011, 12:48:15 PM
Perhaps Tywin enjoys the act of preparing the deer? Especially if it's one he killed himself. Even the most pragmatic lords will have their own idiosyncracies.

No doubt that is entirely possible, but "I like to prepare the meat I kill myself" is a personal idiosyncrasy  and while it is not an implausible one in a Lord, I just don't think it fits in with the personality of Tywin Lannister.

Probably works perfectly fine for someone who has not read the books, since there is nothing that says the personality of Tywin the TV show has to map that closely with Tywin the book. Just struck me as rather contrived.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on June 01, 2011, 12:27:37 PM
I simply assumed they were out on a hunt. Weren't they in a tent in that scene, rather than a building?

Sure, that must have been why Jaime was in full plate.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2011, 01:02:23 PM

Right. How many scenes have we seen him without plate?

But if that's the tone you're going for, let's call this discussion over, you fucking cunt.

Tamas

what if: he arrived from King's Landing?

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on June 01, 2011, 01:28:08 PM

Pretty much all of them, because I don't think he ever takes it off without some good reason - like going hunting. Or fucking his sister.

QuoteBut if that's the tone you're going for, let's call this discussion over, you fucking cunt.

Oh yes, this is a much more constructive tone, I am sure.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on June 01, 2011, 01:35:02 PM

what if: he arrived from King's Landing?

That is kind of the impression I got - he was in full plate when he got their, and went and met with his father, who was...busy butchering deer, after he finished up cleaning out the pig sty and before it was time for him to go milk the cows.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2011, 01:38:12 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 01, 2011, 01:28:08 PM

Pretty much all of them, because I don't think he ever takes it off without some good reason - like going hunting. Or fucking his sister.

QuoteBut if that's the tone you're going for, let's call this discussion over, you fucking cunt.

Oh yes, this is a much more constructive tone, I am sure.

If you'd wanted to, you could've said something to the tone of "No, I don't think so. He was wearing full plate."

But no, you wanted to act like a cunt, and so I'm going to call you a cunt.

Cunt.

Berkut

Right, in your quest to elevate the tone, calling another poster a cunt when you realize you are wrong is surely the way to go.

0 rows returned

Viking

Jamie was wearing red plate to emphasize that he was now a lannister soldier rather than a member of the kingsguard.
His father was butchering a stag to emphasize that Tywin was taking part in the butchering of Robert Baratheon.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Hunting is a nobleman's sport, so it's not in the same league as pig raising or dairying. However there's merit to the claim that it doesn't fit Tywin's personality.

They were in a camp full of red tents, so I assumed it was a military encampment, although a rather crowded one IMO.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2011, 01:50:41 PM
Right, in your quest to elevate the tone, calling another poster a cunt when you realize you are wrong is surely the way to go.

You may very well be correct. That's not why I called you a cunt.

I called you a cunt because you were being a cunt.

Get it, Cunt?

crazy canuck

Slargos, raising the level of debate as always.

Slargos

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 02:17:00 PM
Slargos, raising the level of debate as always.

See, it's pretty typical.

We were having a perfectly good conversation about a particular scene, when Berkut instead of responding in a civil manner decided to act his own typical catty self. Instead of accepting this, I decided to respond in a similar manner, but because it is acceptable for Berkut to behave like an asshole while it is not acceptable for me, you step on my transgression but leave his flapping in the wind.

You're a fucking cunt aswell. But this is not news.