News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Thoros isn't important until Arya meets him and witnesses his resurrection skillz. Easier to introduce him in season 2 at the same time as Melisandre and the R'hllor religion.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on May 24, 2011, 05:08:45 AM
Thoros isn't important until Arya meets him and witnesses his resurrection skillz. Easier to introduce him in season 2 at the same time as Melisandre and the R'hllor religion.

Having a red-armored knight with a flaming sword in the meleé in the background during some dialogue giving exposition about some heraldic device or battle would have been really really cool.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

Quote from: Viking on May 24, 2011, 05:13:28 AM

Having a red-armored knight with a flaming sword in the meleé in the background during some dialogue giving exposition about some heraldic device or battle would have been really really cool.

I guess that a flaming sword wielding fighter would distract from the exposition.  :lol: It's already bad enough when they use sex scenes as excuses for info-dumping.  :P

Martinus

Yes and no. From what I understand, viewers already have a problem following that many characters, so adding one that won't appear until season 2 really makes no sense, since most people won't remember him anyway.

Plus that way they can get away with not having to cast him until season 2 (remember they would have had to hire him before they even knew there will be season 2).

Martinus

I hope they use a gay sex scene to introduce Blackfish.  :ph34r:

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2011, 05:49:07 AM

What a surprise, you also ascribe to the "the Blackfish is actually gay" theory.  :lol:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 23, 2011, 09:40:15 PM
Grallon, Marti, and Grey Fox, did you get my message?

Yes. Thanks mate.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on May 24, 2011, 05:53:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2011, 05:49:07 AM

What a surprise, you also ascribe to the "the Blackfish is actually gay" theory.  :lol:

Well, it's not as clearly said as with Loras and Renly, but not unlikely. I think the fact that people are more likely to accept that someone may be "asexual" rather than "homosexual" is the funny one, considering this is against statistics.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on May 24, 2011, 05:59:30 AM
Who the hell is Blackfish?

Lord Hoster Tully's brother (and Catelyn's uncle). He left Riverrun and lives in the Aerie (sp?) after he refused to marry despite Hoster's direct order. He remains a "confirmed bachelor" (pre-modern codename for "homo").

Viking

Quote from: The Larch on May 24, 2011, 05:22:08 AM

I guess that a flaming sword wielding fighter would distract from the exposition.  :lol: It's already bad enough when they use sex scenes as excuses for info-dumping.  :P

Half way through the exposition about the history of Harrenhall or the requirements for hatching a dragon egg and the tragedy of summerhall (just before the scene with dany and the brasier and the egg) one of the characters begins to stare over the shoulder of the one offering the exposition

QuoteArya: ......
Maester Pycelle: Girl are you listening?
Arya: .....
Septa Morane: Arya!
Arya: ......
Septa: Arya!!
Arya: Behind you, the flaming sword ....
Pycelle: eh what? oh, him. That's Thoros of Myr, the Red Priest.
Septa: The Warrior protect us, what sort of sorcery is that?

Cut

Show knight in red armor with flaming sword in meleé

Cut

Show knight with thunderbolt device in meleé, who just avoids getting hit

Cut

Show Jeyen Pool shreiking next to sansa and muttering

Jeyne Pool: Oh sweet Beric!

Sansa places hand on Jeyne's shoulder

Sansa: Look, he is still safe

Jeyne smiles

That way you don't need to cast Beric Dondarion, you'll just need to have Ned say that he will send Beric and Thoros of Myr to arrest Gregor Clegane.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

Jeyne Poole hasn't been introduced in the series either, just talked about. You'd have to introduce her as well at the same time, and wonder where she had been hiding since they left Winterfell and arrived at King's Landing.  :P

Solmyr

Jeyne Poole does absolutely nothing in the books (except possibly being the fake Arya, which can be done with a random girl in the series).

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2011, 06:01:25 AM
Well, it's not as clearly said as with Loras and Renly, but not unlikely. I think the fact that people are more likely to accept that someone may be "asexual" rather than "homosexual" is the funny one, considering this is against statistics.

I think rather people decide not to come to a decision without some sort of evidence.  Him being gay has not really been hinted at beyond his not wanting to marry (and him being heterosexual has not been hinted at either) but really that is not really a good reason for a noble to not get married considering being married is about politics.  Renly got married after all.  Why would him being gay mean he would resist Hoster's call to do what is good for the dynasty?

Not saying he is not gay but I think the reason for him not getting married is supposed to be some sort of mystery beyond 'he is not into girls' or whatever.  Of course both could be true.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 24, 2011, 06:13:06 AM
Jeyne Poole hasn't been introduced in the series either, just talked about. You'd have to introduce her as well at the same time, and wonder where she had been hiding since they left Winterfell and arrived at King's Landing.  :P

When was she talked about?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."