News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

They released Ep7 on HBOGO as a promo effort.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2011, 07:57:48 PM
They released Ep7 on HBOGO as a promo effort.

Larch isn't in the US tho.

Where Larch, where?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

If you watch it ahead of time, you'll have nothing to watch in six days.  :rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grallon

Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2011, 08:17:36 PM
If you watch it ahead of time, you'll have nothing to watch in six days.  :rolleyes:

So straight...  In six day we'll have a better copy and watch it again! :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Sophie Scholl

Grallon, Marti, and Grey Fox, did you get my message?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grallon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 23, 2011, 09:40:15 PM

Yes and the 1st one worked.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Zoupa

What was the point of the scene with Theon and the whore on the cart? I dont get it.

Renly wasn't so whiny in the books. He's oftentimes described as Robert's ghost. The tv Renly doesn't inspire confidence, they just make him out to be some spoiled kid crying for a throne.

Anyways. Stannis was always my guy. I hope they picked someone good to play his part.

And I don't know how they're going to develop Zombie Beric and Catelyn without having introduced Thoros...

Where's the Blackfish? Not that he's hugely important to the plot at this point, but it'd be cool to see him in.

Habbaku

Presumably, we'll find out the point of the whore and Theon.  Hopefully it wasn't just an excuse for flashing.

The Blackfish was pushed to season two since his role is rather minor in the first book.  Thoros only being mentioned but not actually shown is somewhat annoying, but at least Beric got a couple of lines.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 23, 2011, 09:40:15 PM
Could I also get this message?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: Grallon on May 23, 2011, 09:05:36 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2011, 08:17:36 PM

So straight...  In six day we'll have a better copy and watch it again! :P

G.

Damn right, the copy of ep 7 that I could get my grubby hands on was of averagish quality, and had some annoying HBO menu pop-ups at the beginng while the dude that recorded it was fiddling with the settings.  :P

I take it that BA has already supplied you all with a working link, right?

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on May 23, 2011, 10:49:20 PM
Shows starting to lose me.

Why? The last few episodes have been quite interesting, even if you already know what's going to happen.

Viking

I visited my brother on sunday and gave him a thumb drive with the first five episodes on it. He said he and his gf were going to watch one episode on monday, since she has an exam today. They got hooked and she insisted they watch all five in a row. My brother is smart enough to realize that he actually doesn't know what he doesn't know, so he merely hopes that Tyrion didn't murder bran and commented that it was a bit hard to follow who was who and how the characters all relate to each other. His gf was all "screw the exam tomorrow, lets watch one more episode".

There is some real love for this show outside of the "bookwalkers".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

Re: The blackfish, Thoros, Dondarrion and the rest. For the people who read the books it's a pity and a dissapointment that they're not giving more prominent roles, but from the series' authors pov I guess it'd be a bitch to cast a guy for a glorified background role, and then keep him under contract and on hold for the next seasons until the character becomes relevant. From that pov I can understand pushing back the introduction of those characters until they become more prominent. Also, reading other forums where people who didn't read the books comment about the series, one of the main gripes they have is the huge amount of characters to keep track off, so adding guys who aren't going to be prominent until much later would be even more taxing and could loose a substantial amount of watchers for the show.

Taking that into account, it's quite puzzling the amount of screentime and dialogue lines that the Winterfell prostitute is getting.  :lol:

Josquius

Theon and the whore on the cart- that was Roz I believe. The whore he has been to see a few times and spoke of being fond of.
I guess her leaving and not speaking well of him combined with Robb being nought but a dick but him is helping to push him back towards the arms of the Iron Islands.

QuoteRe: The blackfish, Thoros, Dondarrion and the rest. For the people who read the books it's a pity and a dissapointment that they're not giving more prominent roles, but from the series' authors pov I guess it'd be a bitch to cast a guy for a glorified background role, and then keep him under contract and on hold for the next seasons until the character becomes relevant. From that pov I can understand pushing back the introduction of those characters until they become more prominent. Also, reading other forums where people who didn't read the books comment about the series, one of the main gripes they have is the huge amount of characters to keep track off, so adding guys who aren't going to be prominent until much later would be even more taxing and could loose a substantial amount of watchers for the show.
Dondarrion was cast...I was wondering watching that whether they took care with that and will use this same guy.

With the Blackfish things would have been particularly messed up due to him being Cat's uncle. Extra confusing, having her sister living in this odd place is strange enough. I do wonder though how they'll fit him in and describe his black fishness. He can hardly just be hanging around with his brother. Been off travelling somewhere?
██████
██████
██████