News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Downloaded and watched all 5 episodes.  It's quite well done I find.  The cast works surprisingly well.  Even Cersei.  It's been so long since I read the books I can't identify glaring inconsistencies.  Although the lovely knight of the flower wasn't with the King's brother if I remember correctly.

Anyhow - I'll be following it from now on.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

Quote from: Grallon on May 21, 2011, 10:33:42 PM
Although the lovely knight of the flower wasn't with the King's brother if I remember correctly.

No, they were definitely together, though it's not as obvious in the books as the show makes it. 

On the same note, Loras was Renly's squire, so it makes me curious as to which one of them converted the other.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

I love how several people have chosen avatars from the show.  :lol:

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2011, 03:01:05 AM

"several" as in "two" or "the faggots"?

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 03:20:03 AM

"several" as in "two" or "the faggots"?

Nope. Someone has a Tyrion avatar too.  :P

Martinus

Btw, for EdAnger, a new gif of "heavy clapping" :P

Viking

Eva Damen hasn't been cast as Brienne, but she is a favorite for the role.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2011, 05:30:59 AM

Oh, it's a chick in your avatar? I thought it was a particularly ugly guy.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2011, 06:12:55 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2011, 05:30:59 AM

Oh, it's a chick in your avatar? I thought it was a particularly ugly guy.

In that case, if she gets the role it will have been inspired casting... assuming she can act...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I just realized the horrible Irony of picking an avatar that is madly in love with martinus' avatar....

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2011, 12:20:05 PM
I just realized the horrible Irony of picking an avatar that is madly in love with martinus' avatar....

Now, is it truly ironic, or merely interesting?

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2011, 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2011, 09:39:27 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 09:33:34 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 21, 2011, 09:17:57 AM
Delusion.

I'm delusional because I think that bumblebees don't have the capability for abstract thought?
They can communicate distance and direction with dance. That's pretty abstract isn't it?

I've tried this.  I have made people leave due to my dancing, however, they did not go where my dance directed them to.  Oh well, more sweet nectar for me!

Well, I thought it was funny. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Former avatar, no?  He has Renly now.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on May 21, 2011, 10:06:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2011, 07:17:19 PM
Presuming that is actually near where you are I cannot understand anything that website says.

Why would it being near where Martinus is determine whether you can understand the website?  :hmm:

Because I do not know where exactly in Poland it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 22, 2011, 09:44:33 PM
Former avatar, no?  He has Renly now.

And Brienne was in love with...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien