News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Odd I can't find it either by title or by author. Tried two weeks ago and avian just now
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Quote from: HVC on May 15, 2011, 10:17:59 PM
Odd I can't find it either by title or by author. Tried two weeks ago and avian just now
Maybe like Netflix, your Canadian versions just suck and you can't get it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

I guess. Maybe another company owns the publishing rights up here.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

The symbolism of the ending of the fight between Jaime and Ned was pretty nice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Caught tonight's episode.

I assume I was supposed to be rooting for Ned over Jaime?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Not going to say until I know it's the right choice.

Slargos

Ah, the Lannistairs. It's going to be very enjoyable seeing them suffer.  :homestar:

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2011, 09:25:06 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on May 15, 2011, 09:21:47 PM
A great episode, and I had to laugh during the medieval manscaping, but really Robb?

"Sure, we can hole up in our castles, safe with our walls. But what about when the Dothraki start taking our cities?"

Really Robb? The Westerosi cities aren't walled?

He said towns.  I presume not every village is walled.

Indeed most aren't. I think King's Landing and Old Town are walled, but beyond that not sure - I remember reading definitely that the town built around Winterfell is not walled - I presume in most cases it's the same.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2011, 12:05:58 AM

There is  no right choice.

jimmy olsen

Don't watch the 5th episode out of 10 in a series like this without watching the first 4. :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Speaking of manscaping, I was told by my boyfriend yesterday that I look much better with a 2-3 day old beard than clean shaven. Now, I'm trying to think of a way of selling that at my work. Maybe I tell them I have a skin disease.  :hmm:

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2011, 01:40:14 AM

There is  no right choice.

Nonsense.

There is always a right choice.

LaCroix

more theon :)

nice of them to throw a suckle to the gay audience too. my roommate's girlfriend left in a huff  :D

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?