News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

It would be like Tywin to refuse to admit to anyone that he was cuckolded.

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on May 13, 2011, 06:23:42 PM
It would be like Tywin to refuse to admit to anyone that he was cuckolded.
It would be like anyone near him to never admit that they were raped.  He would be the type to blame the victim.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

I hope the Others kill every last motherfucker in Westeros.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Maximus

Quote from: Solmyr on May 13, 2011, 05:19:36 PM
It's actually likely that Euron Greyjoy had sailed that way.
I always assumed he had, until I reread the fourth book recently. Now that I think about it, it may have been Damphair at the kingsmoot that said that. Anyway, everyone there seemed think he had sailed east.

Habbaku

I found this speculative article about Robb's potential heir to be an interesting read :

http://www.towerofthehand.com/blog/2010/08/02_heir_to_the_north/index.html
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2011, 06:00:23 PM
I found this speculative article about Robb's potential heir to be an interesting read :

http://www.towerofthehand.com/blog/2010/08/02_heir_to_the_north/index.html

Is there any indication that Jeyne Westerling was aware that her mother was giving her a contraceptive and managed to avoid drinking it. Jayne is obviously loyal to Robb, her parents less so. The westerling boy also released greywind at the twins. So the squire and the young queen might still stay loyal to the north.

I just want to see if anybody bothers to ressurect robb while greywind's head is stitched onto his.

In more serious speculation (not my rather improbably Rhaegar=Mance speculation), What are the odds that Jon dies and is resurrected by Melisandre freeing him from his oath to the nights watch?

QuoteNight gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

I really suspect someone to impregnate Jayne.
Probally not Robb, but someone, and say Robb did it.

QuoteJesus Christ can you stop quoting that picture?
:huh:
Its not quoting, its just a link.
██████
██████
██████

Faeelin

A great episode, and I had to laugh during the medieval manscaping, but really Robb?

"Sure, we can hole up in our castles, safe with our walls. But what about when the Dothraki start taking our cities?"

Really Robb? The Westerosi cities aren't walled?

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on May 15, 2011, 09:21:47 PM
A great episode, and I had to laugh during the medieval manscaping, but really Robb?

"Sure, we can hole up in our castles, safe with our walls. But what about when the Dothraki start taking our cities?"

He said towns.  I presume not every village is walled.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

You all suck.
Bought first book on iPhone so have something to read for month I'm away on location.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on May 15, 2011, 09:25:47 PM
You all suck.
Bought first book on iPhone so have something to read for month I'm away on location.

Well don't read this thread then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Oh I stopped last week, only opened it to post that last message. Will re-read thread after all the books, Von moltkes drives willing.

Habbaku

Quote from: Faeelin on May 15, 2011, 09:21:47 PM

The cities are certainly walled.  But the majority of the population and, of course, the overwhelming number of farmers don't live in walled areas.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

You all suck.

how? I don't see it in the iBooks store. Unless you have another ap
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Quote from: HVC on May 15, 2011, 10:09:05 PM
You all suck.

how? I don't see it in the iBooks store. Unless you have another ap
IBooks has the books separate or the first 4 fir 35.99