And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 09, 2011, 08:43:36 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2011, 07:52:16 AM
Can't stand Theon Greyjoy. The only casting/characterization so far that I do not care for.

Well, I couldn't stand him in the books, so maybe it's not that bad a casting? Or can you not stand the fact that you can stand him?  :hmm:

Damn, I need to see this show.

In the books he did not come across as a slimy little weasel until AFTER he went back home though - right now, if Robb sent him to Pike with an offer of alliance, I would think Robb was the idiot for trusting him, as he is clearly a slimy little scuzzball.

In the books he was a close friend of Robbs, before he went home and his father broke him.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2011, 08:49:21 AM
In the books he did not come across as a slimy little weasel until AFTER he went back home though - right now, if Robb sent him to Pike with an offer of alliance, I would think Robb was the idiot for trusting him, as he is clearly a slimy little scuzzball.

In the books he was a close friend of Robbs, before he went home and his father broke him.

In the books you do not get that he is anything but a jerk until he saves Bran from the Wildlings.  Maybe that will happen here as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

You know what this series is really missing?  Wolves.  We need more Summer/Ghost/Grey Wind/Shaggy Dog.

They do not have to do anything but they should just be there.  It was great to see Ghost this last episode but it was the first time we really saw him since he was a tiny puppy except for one brief glimpse in episode 2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Btw, about the series unwinding too slowly - I have a friend who is reading the books in parallel with the series, and he says it is going at the right pace, with about 100 pages of the books per episode, and at this pace they will manage to wrap up the first book in 10 episodes.

Can't wait to go home tonight to watch the fourth episode.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2011, 07:52:16 AM
Can't stand Theon Greyjoy. The only casting/characterization so far that I do not care for.

Also, in the book, I think it was the Hound who told Sansa about what happened to him at the hands of his brother, and IIRC, it was a pretty important little scene in respects to the relationship between Sansa and the Hound.

Having Littlefinger tell her 30 seconds after he meets Sansa at a tournament, and for no discernible reason at all (Sansa hasn't even ever spoken to the Hound) made no sense at all.
Sansa spoke to the Hound in Episode 2.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

How much boob/snatch is in this series? I have the on demand service, and would really only watch it for good boob & snatch shots.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

T&A so far, but not anywhere near the Spartacus show from little ice seen of that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2011, 09:55:33 AM
How much boob/snatch is in this series? I have the on demand service, and would really only watch it for good boob & snatch shots.

Tons of boobs but no snatch...that I know of.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2011, 09:43:57 AM
Btw, about the series unwinding too slowly - I have a friend who is reading the books in parallel with the series, and he says it is going at the right pace, with about 100 pages of the books per episode, and at this pace they will manage to wrap up the first book in 10 episodes.

Yeah I think we forget how far into GoT Tyrion gets nabbed.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2011, 09:57:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2011, 09:43:57 AM

Yeah I think we forget how far into GoT Tyrion gets nabbed.

Yep. And it is the dumbass move on Catelyns part to grab Tyrion that starts the war, at least starts the outright part of it...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
Yep. And it is the dumbass move on Catelyns part to grab Tyrion that starts the war, at least starts the outright part of it...

It makes sense if you trust Littlefinger.  There is no move quite so dumbass as trusting anything that guy says.  Yet people keep doing it.  The best part about him is even when it looks like he has saved the day, like at the end of ACoK, he still has screwed everybody.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
I always thought that the war started even before Robert's death, with Tywin launching raids into the riverlands (which Ned tried to counter by sending off some of his best men).

Catelyn grabs Tyrion to have a counter-hostage to her own daughters - that probably was a dumbass move, if she knew anything of the style of Martin's plot-writing, but I suspect that she didn't.  I suppose that people were shocked.. shocked! to discover that hostages were being taken in Westeros and so went to war, but I think Gregor's murderous rampage through the Riverlands at the head of a Lannister army would probably have clued people eventually into the fact that they were at war.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2011, 10:25:00 AM
It makes sense if you trust Littlefinger.  There is no move quite so dumbass as trusting anything that guy says.  Yet people keep doing it.  The best part about him is even when it looks like he has saved the day, like at the end of ACoK, he still has screwed everybody.
Agreed.  Littlefinger's plotting (and we know so little about it even to the end of the latest book) is one of the better-conceived elements of the story, because you realize that he really wasn't taking much in the way of chances at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2011, 09:57:10 AM

Didn't we get full frontal from Dany? Episode 1 or 2?

The Larch

Quote from: Slargos on May 09, 2011, 10:56:31 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2011, 09:57:10 AM

Didn't we get full frontal from Dany? Episode 1 or 2?

Both.