Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

They argued about who was going to win?  :huh:

Littlefinger or Varys, and none of them have appeared yet.  :ph34r:

Grey Fox

I don't understand. What's the use of the Horse folks if they never cross the sea?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Slargos

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2011, 06:38:19 AM
I don't understand. What's the use of the Horse folks if they never cross the sea?

They are the token mud people of the series.

grumbler

Same as the use of the dragons if they never cross the sea; nothing.  One suspects that the plan is to have both dragons and horse folk cross the sea in future books, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2011, 06:42:23 AM
Same as the use of the dragons if they never cross the sea; nothing.  One suspects that the plan is to have both dragons and horse folk cross the sea in future books, though.

I see. I understand the story from a book perspective but other then being true to the books HBO should have left that out.

Slargos

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2011, 06:43:46 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2011, 06:42:23 AM

I see. I understand the story from a book perspective but other then being true to the books HBO should have left that out.

The show hasn't said they will never cross the sea. Ned Stark fervently hopes they will never cross, and hopes that if they do they will be defeated.

Eddie Teach

Shocking the amount of Westerocentrism being displayed in this thread.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2011, 06:52:17 AM
Shocking the amount of Westerocentrism being displayed in this thread.  :mad:
I wouldn't want to be some dirt-worshipping heathen when the Others cross the wall. :swearengen:
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

I don't think they can.  I think it is an essential element of the plot.  I suspect that, without the horse folks element of the story, the TV show will have to have a completely different ending than the books, because I think the horse folks are going to be a key element in the final resolution of the story.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2011, 07:00:47 AM
I don't think they can.  I think it is an essential element of the plot.  I suspect that, without the horse folks element of the story, the TV show will have to have a completely different ending than the books, because I think the horse folks are going to be a key element in the final resolution of the story.

Why would the TV show differ from the books on their treatment of the Dothraki? I just don't see where all this argument is coming from.

Grey Fox

Because if they don't interact with Westeros, who gives a shit?

That's my argument.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2011, 07:15:47 AM

That's my argument.

Have you read the books?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on April 26, 2011, 07:18:26 AM

That's my argument.

Have you read the books?

Nope. Just some wiki articles.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2011, 07:32:21 AM

That's my argument.

Have you read the books?

Then why don't you wait to see what happens?

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2011, 07:32:21 AM

That's my argument.

Have you read the books?

ok then STFU, you can't understand their significance :P