News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So what happened to all the 88mm Flak Scorpions?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

They got nerfed in the latest patch. To be honest, they were kind of OP.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2019, 11:05:27 AM

They forgot that Drogon is Mereen's reigning dodgeball champion.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on May 13, 2019, 11:09:48 AM
They got nerfed in the latest patch. To be honest, they were kind of OP.

More balancing needs to be done.  The scorpions got nerfed and the dragon was set to god mode. 

HVC

also, thinking about it, it would have been better if her second dragon died this episode while attacking as another reason for mad Queen (gets rid of the stupid invisible fleet thing too)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zoupa on May 13, 2019, 10:50:25 AM
That would have been achieved by burning the red keep.

Which is what it looked like she was going to do and would have made sense.  But instead of flying her dragon directly at her exposed rival and exacting revenge, she leisurely meanders back and forth burning up the streets of King's Landing, leaving Cersei as a concerned but bemused spectator for a while.  Melting the Red Keep to the ground what have been more than sufficient to prompt fear in anyone else that would oppose her.   Totally daft.  It's the really tall reddish building, kind of hard to miss.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: HVC on May 13, 2019, 10:51:23 AM
The city didn't rise up so they were enemies. If she can't be loved in westeros then she will be feared. She basically told you this at the beginning of the episode

Sure it is internally consistent within the episode itself, if you ignore everything that came before.  That is CC's point, which I agree with - a spat with the boyfriend and losing her BFF is not really sufficient explanation. 

Also one creates fear by establishing an expected consequence to the behavior one wishes to suppress.  Demolishing the entire capital in a fit of madness creates desparation and fatalism not fear in that sense.  For fear to work, the target still has to think they have something to lose.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

I guess after having watched all other episodes, I might as well watch the last episode, but this is a rather weak end to what used to be a great show.

Maladict

I'm just going to read this thread instead.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on May 13, 2019, 01:03:49 PM
I guess after having watched all other episodes, I might as well watch the last episode, but this is a rather weak end to what used to be a great show.

Yeah, I think it is going to boil down to this.  Jon is the Prince that was promised.  Although at this point who cares.  The Night King was not the existential threat everyone thought he was.  Dani is crazy and so Tyrion is going to have to turn on her and Arya will likely kill her.  Jon will likely die as a result of indecision and ongoing incompetence bringing an end to the Targaryean line [spoiler]at least in the show[/spoiler] and Sansa will sit as Queen of the North  - the only interesting things left are will she bother also ruling the Seven Kingdoms and will she be reunited with Tyrion (the only truly likable character left).

Razgovory

Sansa and Tyrion are the only characters who have demonstrated they know how to rule.  The Targaryean line needs to end.  Maybe the Seven Kingdoms will revert to being seven independent states.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2019, 01:37:01 PM

Yeah, I think it is going to boil down to this.  Jon is the Prince that was promised.  Although at this point who cares.  The Night King was not the existential threat everyone thought he was.  Dani is crazy and so Tyrion is going to have to turn on her and Arya will likely kill her.  Jon will likely die as a result of indecision and ongoing incompetence bringing an end to the Targaryean line [spoiler]at least in the show[/spoiler] and Sansa will sit as Queen of the North  - the only interesting things left are will she bother also ruling the Seven Kingdoms and will she be reunited with Tyrion (the only truly likable character left).

Nah... I'm thinking Jon kills her. Daenerys kills Tyrion.
Sansa leads a rebellion. The north secedes from the Seven Kingdoms.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 13, 2019, 11:09:50 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2019, 11:05:27 AM

They forgot that Drogon is Mereen's reigning dodgeballbolt champion.

FTFY
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on May 13, 2019, 01:56:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2019, 01:37:01 PM

Nah... I'm thinking Jon kills her. Daenerys kills Tyrion.
Sansa leads a rebellion. The north secedes from the Seven Kingdoms.

Sansa rebels against Jon?

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on May 06, 2019, 04:05:36 PM
There's been a kind of leak of what happens in episodes 4-6. It's not certain if it's all true, but much of it did happen in episode 4. Warning, do not click this unless you are fine with potentially massive spoilers including the final resolution: SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

Well...it really looks like this spoiler is absolutely correct.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."