News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on May 07, 2019, 07:37:29 AM
How is any of that better than him never even leaving Kings Landing?
he has to leave Kings Landing, or his realm, actually.  Otherwise, Cersei's spies (Qyburn's, really) would know he won't fulfill the contract and he's a dead man walking.

That does not mean the way it was done was so great...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Remember when this show was genuinely good?

The North remembers.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2019, 10:36:35 AM
The North remembers.

Speaking of butchered storylines that would have been easier and better-solved just by going for the consistency angle...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

celedhring

If they didn't know how to close some character's arcs they should have killed more of them!

You can genuinely feel the writer's utter disinterest in that Bronn scene  :D

Zoupa

Hopefully we get a reboot if Martin ever finishes the books. Seasons 7-8 are really really poorly written.

Habbaku

If the books are finished, and they are well-received, and the off-shoot shows are decent, I think it's entirely possible we'll get a reboot in 20-30 years.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on May 07, 2019, 08:22:06 PM
If the books are finished, and they are well-received, and the off-shoot shows are decent, I think it's entirely possible we'll get a reboot in 20-30 years.

I think it is optimistic to think the show would reboot only a few months after the last book is published.

celedhring

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2019, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 07, 2019, 08:22:06 PM

I think it is optimistic to think the show would reboot only a few months after the last book is published.

:lol:

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Larch