News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Meh episode, except for the finale bit - awesome use frostfire.  Anyone else is bummed they didn't even bother to cast another actor for Rhaegar?  They re-used the guy who played Viserion in S1. :thumbsdown:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Solmyr

Quote from: Grallon on August 28, 2017, 04:43:52 AM
Meh episode, except for the finale bit - awesome use frostfire.  Anyone else is bummed they didn't even bother to cast another actor for Rhaegar?  They re-used the guy who played Viserion in S1. :thumbsdown:

No they didn't: https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Who-Plays-Rhaegar-Targaryen-Game-Thrones-43942732

Habbaku

Grallon thinks all Valyrians look alike.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

There are some similarities in the side profile (the nose I guess). Good casting for a brother, but not the prettiest guy in westeros like he should be.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grinning_Colossus

Yeah, I also thought they brought back the Viserys actor.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Habbaku

Harry Lloyd deserves better than you people.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habbaku on August 28, 2017, 10:44:44 AM
Harry Lloyd deserves better than you people.

Chaplin fans, I guess.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Mixing the Aegon Targaryen reveal with the incest scene was a bit gratuitous. 

Solmyr

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on August 28, 2017, 12:34:02 PM
Mixing the Aegon Targaryen reveal with the incest scene was a bit gratuitous.

You're really good in the sack aunt Daenaryis.

Josquius

I managed to avoid any significant spoilers and watched last night.
Hurray.
Though meh.
Things went much as expected. Worse even. So....hurried. Trudging. Shades of BSG finale.

I mean. Jon's real name isn't Jon? Duh.
Though at least Bran talking to Sam settles the "What if Jon never knows" thing.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I don't know why they thought the big reveal should be the same big reveal as last year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

10% of show watchers got it the first time. Maybe 50% got it this time.  :P
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Berkut

So how do they convince anyone that Jon is really Aegon?

It seems like pretty tenuous evidence from the perspective of the noble houses of Westeros. Sounds pretty damn fishy.

The only actual evidence is this "diary" of a High Septon in posession of a disgraced Citadel student and known BFF of Jon Snow, and the word of a crazy crippled boy who happens to be his half brother.

I guess they could find Ned's buddy who was with him, he is a noble at least, albeit some swamp noble who has no real standing, and again, a known friend of House Stark...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Iormlund

Do they need to?

As soon as he shows up riding whichever dragon didn't die he's a de facto Targaryen.