News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2017, 09:37:18 PM
I am the boss.  :showoff:

Yes, you outsmarted tyr. Congrats on the great achievement.

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on August 27, 2017, 09:38:27 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2017, 09:37:18 PM
I am the boss.  :showoff:

Yes, you outsmarted tyr. Congrats on the great achievement.

:P

He wasn't the only one who doubted me. :contract:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

I am waiting for Arya to show up with Baelish's face...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

So, was Jorah trying to get Dani to fly rather than sail with Jon because he knew boatsex would be the result of sailing?  :hmm:

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on August 27, 2017, 09:51:55 PM

... to kill Cersei?

Bayraktar!

HVC

Probably. He's the guy friend that gives bad advice to cockblock (clamjam?). Also, what was tyrion's deal? Is he worried about being replaced as the calming voice?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2017, 10:02:35 PM

... to kill Cersei?

Little Arya can't kill cersei, that's Jamie's job.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on August 27, 2017, 10:04:25 PM
Also, what was tyrion's deal? Is he worried about being replaced as the calming voice?

Yes, obviously.  Dani has a nasty habit of thinking that it is okay to burn people to death, which just reminds people of Dear Old Dad.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on August 27, 2017, 10:07:42 PM

... to kill Cersei?

Not sure how that can happen, now that Jamie has left King's Landing for the north.  Cersei is on Arya's list, and, now, Arya has no pressing business than completing her list.

Of course, it would be even more fitting if Arya uses Jamie's face to kill Cersei and order the Lannister forces north.  We know that a Faceless Man does not have to take the face of a dead person, because J'aquen used Arya's face.

My prediction is that Dani's forces try to break the siege of Winterfell and fail the first time (with the death of a dragon and either Jon or Dani - probably the latter) and that the Lannister reinforcements make the difference in a second battle.

I can't see how Cleganebowl happens now. But we know it happens.  This episode just confirms it.  Could Cersei and The Mountain come north?

Bayraktar!

viper37

Is there really a need to?  He's burned the bridges with the Lannisters, his Knights of the Vale know he is dead, everyone in the North knows he betrayed Ned Stark, what would be his use?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2017, 10:01:41 PM
So, was Jorah trying to get Dani to fly rather than sail with Jon because he knew boatsex would be the result of sailing?  :hmm:
It might have crossed his mind, but he's too loyal and too honorable for this.  I think his concern was genuine.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2017, 10:17:20 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 27, 2017, 10:07:42 PM

... to kill Cersei?

Not sure how that can happen, now that Jamie has left King's Landing for the north.  Cersei is on Arya's list, and, now, Arya has no pressing business than completing her list.

Of course, it would be even more fitting if Arya uses Jamie's face to kill Cersei and order the Lannister forces north.  We know that a Faceless Man does not have to take the face of a dead person, because J'aquen used Arya's face.

My prediction is that Dani's forces try to break the siege of Winterfell and fail the first time (with the death of a dragon and either Jon or Dani - probably the latter) and that the Lannister reinforcements make the difference in a second battle.

I can't see how Cleganebowl happens now. But we know it happens.  This episode just confirms it.  Could Cersei and The Mountain come north?

I think j'aquen taking aryas face was more arya hallucinating from the poison then anything. Arya literally has a bag of faces, if she didn't need dead people why carry around the faces?

As for her list, she's not that good at fulfilling them. She's killed two? Neither were planned, she stumbled across them. Jamie will kill his sister, perhaps to stop the double cross stab in the back, or because it cost them a battle with the dead. Then he'll probably kill himself. It fits the frogs prophecy and fits cersie inability to see the big picture as she focused on the wrong brother.

I think Tyrion will die too. So all the great houses will be estinguished (except the eyrie, but the kid is retarded and might trip out the window).

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2017, 10:17:20 PM
We know that a Faceless Man does not have to take the face of a dead person, because J'aquen used Arya's face.
J'aquen is level 12.  Arya is only level 5.