News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 14, 2017, 12:04:19 AM
How long has it been since we've had some T&A?
13 days until BOATSEX.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on August 14, 2017, 05:22:42 AM
I wonder if Cersei is really preggers or if it's just an extra way to have Jaime at his beck and call.
I wonder how Euron is going to react once he realizes his marriage with Cersei will never happen.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 14, 2017, 12:04:19 AM
How long has it been since we've had some T&A?

They've actually toned down a lot of that over the last couple seasons.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: viper37 on August 14, 2017, 08:20:21 AM
Quote from: The Larch on August 14, 2017, 05:22:42 AM
I wonder if Cersei is really preggers or if it's just an extra way to have Jaime at his beck and call.
I wonder how Euron is going to react once he realizes his marriage with Cersei will never happen.

It also goes against the Maggy the Frog prophecy, she was only meant to have three children, so I wouldn't bet on the pregnancy coming to terms...   :secret:

Grallon

So... they were a little hamfisted about Dany threatening death to those who wouldn't bend the knee - that and burning the Tarlys...  She didn't even think to offer old Tarly to become Warden of the South or harp on his loyalty to the Crown during Robert's rebellion.  I almost find myself beginning to root for Cercei - even though she's a ruthless bitch - or perhaps because she is...  She's the underdog here and Dany needs a good bitch-slapping to snap out of her complacency and the binary mode of 'making a better world' vs 'roasting people who don't comply' she seems stuck in.  Jesus the way she goes at it you'd think she was bipolar!

I loved the almost reveal found by Gilly (sp?) and disregarded by Sam; he handed that book over to the boy, perhaps the only 'legal' proof of Jon's lineage will end up with stick figures all over it?

Somebody needs to put Little Fingers out of his misery; he must be the only one who still hasn't grasped he'll never sit on the Iron Throne.  I think when it comes it'll be as satisfying as slicing old Frey's throat was.

What else... Ahh yes, Drogon's little display with Jon.  Many believe this was him 'smelling' another Targaryen.  However they do say that dragons share a strong emotional bond with their master/rider/handler...  Does he sense she's attracted to the King in the North?  Was this meant to be a test for his "mother's" potential mate?  And Jon barely flinched...  Did anyone notice how he observed both Jon and Dany for a few seconds before taking off?  If he'd been human I would have said he was smirking to himself after matching them.  But maybe I read too much into this.

Solid episode for an even stronger season than last year - so far.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josephus

I just noticed the look on D's face when Jon was touching her dragon....I swear she was wetting herself. "even my dragon likes him."
I think this season, and partly last year's , is going out of its way to show that D. isn't angelic, that she does have an evil totalitarian side to her. You don't want to cross her. For all her talk about freeing people, it's really all about "Join me, or die." I mean, how free are the "unsullied" really. Yes, in theory, they can walk away, but fighting is all they know. I'm hoping Snow puts her in her place. I even get the impression that Tyrion is no longer smitten with her.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

I think that Dany's anger and her burnings are just further points towards her taking a heel turn next season without some major intervention. At least, I hope that's the angle they're going with. There's no way we get Jon and Dany running off to get incest-married together and live happily ever after on the Iron Throne, right?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grallon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 14, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
...There's no way we get Jon and Dany running off to get incest-married together and live happily ever after on the Iron Throne, right?

I think they're setting them up for the 'bitter sweet' ending.  If there is a love match there it woon't come to fruition.  Imagine, the last two Targaryen sacrificing themselves, and their dragons, to save the seven kingdoms...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on August 14, 2017, 11:36:41 AM
You don't want to cross her.
Really?  How did you get that?  Was it because of the very first time she had power, she burnt an entire city beginning with the guy who called her a bitch?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

. There's no way we get Jon and Dany running off to get incest-married together and live happily ever after on the Iron Throne, right?

IIRC Dany is infertile.  Thus, Jon with another consort is the only hope for the continuation of the dynasty.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Habbaku

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 14, 2017, 12:36:33 PM
. There's no way we get Jon and Dany running off to get incest-married together and live happily ever after on the Iron Throne, right?

IIRC Dany is infertile.  Thus, Jon with another consort is the only hope for the continuation of the dynasty.

In the books, it's strongly suggested that she is fertile by the end of book 5, or at least that was my reading.

In the show, I see her infertility easily being cast away as necessary.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

Jon's band would make a fun RPG party for something like Baldur's Gate.

Berkut

So the great Septorn not only married Rhaegar and Lyanna, he also *annulled* Rhaegar's marriage to Elia. On what grounds would that annulment be though?

Rhaegar was convinced that he needed another child - the dragon has three heads. If Elia could not give him another, is that grounds for annulment? Jon would be the third dragon, although of course the other two are dead, so now we have...two dragons?

And that makes Jon the rightful heir as well, not Dany. She has spent the entire time since her brothers death at the hands of her husband thinking SHE was the rightful and singular heir. How is she going to react to finding out that she is neither the singular heir or the rightful heir at all, but her nephew has the proper claim?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zanza

Quote from: Berkut on August 14, 2017, 01:00:03 PM
On what grounds would that annulment be though?
Might makes right or because of plot.

viper37

So, Littlefinger manoeuvered around Arya to let her see the scroll.  Interesting to see how Aray will react.  Will she understand that her sister was coerced in writing this or will she get angry?