News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on August 12, 2017, 10:53:46 AM
I thought it was Littlefinger.  :huh:

That makes no sense. He was all the way back in Winterfell.

And Arya was using his teleporter, so clearly he could not.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Oh, right, I missed Arya snatching his teleporter.

Still, maybe he convinced her to do it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on August 12, 2017, 03:31:44 PM

Still, maybe he convinced her to do it.

Hmmm. That does seem plausible....

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on August 12, 2017, 03:31:44 PM

Still, maybe he convinced her to do tricked her into doing it.

This is Littlefinger.  He doesn't convince.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I wonder what happened to Edmure Tully.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

It's the fellowship of the night king
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on August 13, 2017, 09:00:24 PM
It's the fellowship of the night king

It's the reenactment of the quest of the Last Hero.  That doesn't bode well for Jon's companions.

I thought this was maybe Emilia Clarke's best performance to date.  She really communicated a lot through looks and tone.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

I thought the whole "Bronn and Jamie wash up 1/2 a mile from the scene of defeat" bit was a bit hard to swallow.  How did they travel so far?  Holding their breath for an hour?

The Arya versus Littlefinger duel took a turn I did not suspect.  Littlefinger is still the boss.

The fact that Jon is now reenacting the quest of the Last Hero speaks poorly for the odds his companions survive.  The Hound will make it, and Gendry, but I suspect they and Jon will be it.  At least Beric Dondarrion will get a hero's death, rather than the mean death he suffers in the books.

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

I quite enjoyed how Sam's rant obscured the revelation that, yes, maybe Jon's a legitimate baby after all...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

How long has it been since we've had some T&A?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Really enjoyed the episode. Quiet, but very eventful and rich with info and top notch banter. Seeing Davos in all his smuggliest mode is really fun. Seeing Gendry again (and wielding a warhammer!) was a treat. I wonder if Cersei is really preggers or if it's just an extra way to have Jaime at his beck and call. The tidbit about Rhaegar annulling his marriage to Elia and marrying Lyanna also makes Jon a legitimate Targ. Arya might be a stealth ninja assassin but is still a hotheaded dolt, so I expect trouble between her and Sansa soon. Littlefinger...just when it seemed that you were becoming irrelevant...