News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I didn't get that impression but it does make sense. It would certainly move along Sams story.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Solmyr

The Larch

HVC

Episode 4 has been leaked, for those so inclined to watch a few days early.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Just remembered that Jaime is Danish too.
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Just watched it - dragon action is the shit. :D

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

Leaked scenes are all over YouTube right now. I recommend avoiding it entirely until Sunday night if you don't want some spoilers.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

I'll watch it on sunday.  I'm not that interested in braving the wasteland of torrents and Putlocker.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

I ran across a theory that I like quite a bit, and which answers some questions about how Euron was so knowledgeable about the movement of Dani's fleets:  Varys is betraying Dani, just as she suspected.  That's what the foreshadowing about burning him alive, and him dying in Westeros, was all about.

That's also why Tyrion boasted about being an excellent judge of character, right after he vouched for Varys... to set up some irony.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Is part of the theory being that Cersei and her bestest buddy Qyburn have Varys' beloved "little birds" as hostages?  I think they might be the only thing that he actually truly cares about other than himself.  Maybe.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

So... found a source for the full download and watched it as Sunday is going to be very busy for me and I probably wouldn't have had a chance to watch it till Monday night at the earliest.  All I'll say is... whoa. :o
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 04, 2017, 11:33:41 PM
Is part of the theory being that Cersei and her bestest buddy Qyburn have Varys' beloved "little birds" as hostages?  I think they might be the only thing that he actually truly cares about other than himself.  Maybe.

The theory didn't mention that, but it's a thought. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Now, thinking about last week's title, I realized that "the Queen's Justice" wasn't just the "justice" meted out by Cersei on the Sand Snakes and Danyris on Varys, but also the Queen of Thorn's on Cersei.  That last little barb about killing Joffrey is going to be big, because Cersei will refuse to accept that Tyrion is innocent of the crime, and that will drive a wedge between her and Jamie.  I suspect that we have seen the last time the two fuck.

Bayraktar!