News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on July 24, 2017, 10:06:31 PM
This is mere post-hoc rationalization.  You couldn't tell the difference between a rope and a whip at that distance. 

Grumbles, you are the only person who thought it wasn't the sand snakes.  Just gracefully back away for once in your life.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 24, 2017, 10:43:02 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 24, 2017, 10:06:31 PM
This is mere post-hoc rationalization.  You couldn't tell the difference between a rope and a whip at that distance. 

Grumbles, you are the only person who thought it wasn't the sand snakes.  Just gracefully back away for once in your life.

I have already said that I accept that it was the sand snakes.  It is your arrogant assertion that this was obvious that I pointed  out was wrong.  And now, I see, you are sidestepping that to make an ad hom argument.  You do accept, then, that the hair and clothing on the "displayed" sand snakes is, as I noted, different from they were when we saw them killed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

katmai:   :lmfao:  I conceded that those were probably sand snakes (and that their being sand snakes served the story better) back when HVC pointed it out...

and again when you agreed with him. :contract:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

grumbler just doesn't know when to admit when he's wrong.  Sad!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

I found the mystery weapon that Cersei's Dr. Frankenstein presented a bit underwhelming. A ballista? That's it?

HVC

the dornish killed a dragon that way in one of the history books (I think). And I guess the horn isn't making an appearance.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Hitting a moving target with a siege weapon? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2017, 02:20:51 PM

a few dozen firing at once, I mean it's possible. Besides, what else do they have? how would you kill a dragon? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on July 25, 2017, 01:04:45 PM
I found the mystery weapon that Cersei's Dr. Frankenstein presented a bit underwhelming. A ballista? That's it?

Yeah, that was pretty underwhelming, and it actually looked kinda small, hardly something people had been working day and night to put together. I mean, it was in the history books after all, it was hardly groundbreaking.

Zanza

Close quarter air defense is just putting as many bullets into the air as possible, right? I single spear from a ballista has a rather poor chance to hit a flying fast-moving, very maneouverable target like the dragons shown in the GoT.

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on July 25, 2017, 03:17:16 PM
Close quarter air defense is just putting as many bullets into the air as possible, right? I single spear from a ballista has a rather poor chance to hit a flying fast-moving, very maneouverable target like the dragons shown in the GoT.
Yes.  I hope that was just the first example of the batch.

Though I'm doubtful and obviously due to the laws of movies one of the dragons is probably going to go from the crossbow.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2017, 10:27:29 AM
grumbler just doesn't know when to admit when he's wrong.  Sad!

:lol:  What am I wrong about this time?

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on July 25, 2017, 02:47:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2017, 02:20:51 PM

a few dozen firing at once, I mean it's possible. Besides, what else do they have? how would you kill a dragon? :lol:

In Skyrim I killed several with bows and arrows.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Gups

Quote from: Zanza on July 25, 2017, 03:17:16 PM

The dragons hover when breathing fire IIRC, so a matter of timing perhaps